The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Water temp sensor.

Guest blueangel

Guest blueangel

Ive just bought and installed a few gauges but the water temp has a sensor on it obviously lol, Thing is the instructions are more than a lil vauge and i have no idea where to put the sensor. I also have a problem with my dials when i replaced the dials with the metal 1s i removed the needles like the instructions said but now they are all out, Does any1 know of any1 that reconfigures them as im at a loss.

thanks for any help

ric

water temp sensor - no idea.

refitting needles - nasty:

Fuel: Fill her up, then replace the needle ever so slight over the full mark

Temp: With the ignition off, the needle should be pointing in the middle of the "C"

Speedo - Very tricky, need to use a gps speedo and replace while moving :eek!: or get a friend to drive alongside at an agreed speed an do it.

revs: let the car warm up for a good 5-10mins and then replace the needle where it normally idles (650-700rpm)

Good luck - maybe someone with first hand knowledge will be along shortly, alternatively the search button should show up a few threads...

The stock sensors (for the TT) are located on the water outlet pipe.

Follow the radiator hose along to where toy have to outlets that go to the turbos that is the water outlet pipe, IIRC 1 sensor is for the ECU 1 is for the gauge in the dash.

The thread might of got better coverage in Technical ;).

(Have a search for water temp sensor)

This is what it looks like:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/colin.lewarn/Metal%20Polishing%20site/img/waterout.jpg

The other option is to buy a stainless rad hose with a tap for a sensor.