The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toad Ai606 - Remote Start?

michael

You'll only upset your neighbours with it.

maybe that's the plan!

sooooo wish i'd had remote start a few weeks ago. went camping and from the tent i could hear people commenting on the Supe outside, just wish i'd have been able to start it from inside the tent :D

Remote start is fab. Even better if you have an auto, no danger of accidentally starting the car in gear and launching it into a wall!

Made people almost fall over sometimes when i used that button and great in winter, car defrosted and ready to drive without even going out. You just have to try and be less smug when you drive past all the people scraping away like mad!

m.

I have a fitter chap selected to do mine and emailed him to ask what options were available earlier - if he gets back to me before someone answers us here I'll post up the info :)

The answer to number 4 is yes though as far as I'm aware, the alarm stays activated with the doors locked.

4. Does doors still stay locked once remote has started your car

Yes locked and alarmed.

The clifford one i had didn't allow the car to be revved over 2500rpm either. you need to turn the alarm off, unlock the doors, put the key in ignition and turn it to the regular run position and then press the brake pedal.

it would also try three times to start the car in case the first go didn't do it.

Check insurance though, a lot of companies don't like remote start apparently.

m.

They are also illegal as i think its illegal to leave an empty car with the engine running(sure i heard that somewhere will check with a m8 whos a copper)

Only if the car is left on the road, iirc. If it's left in your own driveway/garage then it's fine.

Michael, no, not easily anyway. The Toad system monitors ALL the inputs and outputs of the immobilisation circuits. It can be done with a host of relays and diodes though, but it becomes messy and most dealers won't want to touch it.

Martin_a, If you get a Clifford, it has a manual remote start option which means it wont drive itself through a brick wall ;)

Chris, Call or PM me if you want to know what model you have :)

Dave, Pop over one day. It only takes about 5 minutes to re-program.

all i can say is i have just had a clifford 650 with intellistart fitted by matt harwood, and at a price i could not believe compared with the other quotes i had, he done a great job and tidyied a few other things up for me at the same time, and today with the sun out my seats would have been unbearable to sit in, so from my office started her up. knowing it was still locked and secure, air con cooled it right down before i got in, how cool is that, and thanks again matt