The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Getting Concerned about under bonnet heat.

ManwithSupra

During the hot weather and well cold weather the heat under the bonnet is well alot must be above 80'c, surley this cannot be good for the rubber hoses and electrics that are in the same area.

The question is has anyone got nice looking vents on the exhaust side of the bonnet if so do you have any pics.

I spend half the year driving in 30+ degree temps without any problems. Just make sure your coolant is topped up and your radiator cap is in good condition and you should be fine

I really notice the performance difference here between the cooler temps (around 5-10 C) in winter and hotter temps in the summer (high 30's). There must be around a 15-20% power difference between the 2 extremes.

Hmm yeah possibly, its just a tad worrying when you can see the heat rising out of the gaps of your bonnet (that wobbley effect)

Lol, My brothers Carlos Sainz GT4 is like that... I suppose he does have a vent which makes it more noticeable..

why is it that when you drive in hot weather....the leg compartment gets very hot too...

why does the heat come in..?

It doesn't actually come in, it comes through.

Don't forget you have your exhaust downpipe and your engine bay air exits there too, and your downpipe is behind two red hot turbos...

why is it that when you drive in hot weather....the leg compartment gets very hot too...

why does the heat come in..?

i was just gonna ask this question today. VERY hot! burnt my knee the other day leaning it against the side. mine also gets hot around by the gearstick the surround there. even with windows open!

Guys, why not talk to a fabricators about creating a long thin heat shield for the exhaust. This will no doubt go a long way to keeping the cabin cooler.

It wouldn't be hard for an exhaust shop or something like that to knock something up...any barrier will be good from the top of the first decat to the end of the second.