The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where did you see your first Supra?

hogmaw

I remember mine vividly. I had a Celica at the time about 5 years back. I was in a Texaco garage off City Rd in London, and there was a silver supra at the pump next to me. I felt 1 inch tall, cos here was another Toyota that looked like it would piss all over my Celica (which I was quite proud of) in every department. I knew then that I HAD to have one... took me a few years saving etc, but WELL WORTH IT and I am still well chuffed to this day :D

1993 - Storm Blue UK car in High Wycombe. I was cycling on the path with my mates when it overtook us- I nearly fell off my bike! Didn't see another one for years after that. I did see the Autocar & Motor artist impression of it in 1992 and he was spot on (for once!).

Oh- that was my first mkiv- I was three- four when my aunt bought her black 3.0 mk3, she gave us a lift in it ( 4 kids in the back) then two years later she bought a 3.0 turbo. When the mk4 came out my uncle told her there was no way she was having it!

I saw my first Supra when I was at secondary school, and one of my friends Dads was buying a brand new mk2. It looked damn cool when it first came out. He bought a mk3 the instant they came out. That was the first time I'd seen one of them.

My first mk4 was a black on on Top Gear, (still got it on VHS!). Then we had one in at work about a month later! - We took it out for a 'test run'. It was a UK TT auto, and the first time I'd ever been impressed with an auto car!

went down the dentist and he had a silver tt i just stood there for 10 mins looking round it so when i sold my audi coupe i knew what my next car would be couldnt stretch to a tt so after looking for a while went for a n/a and have loved every minute

My first mk4 was a black on on Top Gear, (still got it on VHS!).

Wow you have just GOT to dig that tape out! I am sure me and every one else on this board would love to see that! Please do us all a favour find it and put up an mpeg on here or something?! Please?!:) :) :)

Had never really been bothered with the Jap scene before.

Same here.

First one I remember seeing was a red TT auto in Bracknell back in summer 2002. I was following it as it gently accelerated away from a roundabout, it sounded like it was only just ticking over yet pulled away from my 2.8 bmw like I was stood still. From that day I knew it would be my next car :)

Guest CoolsBlue

ahhh...i saw the first one on the main road of my street pulled up next to us....sliver stock...female driver...

then i got to touch the first supra ever in stratford upon avon, gunmetal, tiptronic, cloth interior, T reg, totally stock.gosh ill never forget that day i still remember the russian lady inside it...lol...great finish to the day...TOTALLY RAD! then saw it pass us on the motorway...lol!...

I was never "into" cars at all, couldn't give two hoots about what did what, but fancied getting something as I was using my parents spare Mondeo.

I was working in Southampton about 5 or so years ago, and kept travelling past a garage by the Meridian Centre (next to the bridge) & thought the Celicas out the front looked okay, so went in there.

Inside was an awesome kitted Supra, it had a few bumper scuffs, but it was the first time I had seen one and I was totally enchanted by it! It was well out of my budget, but I got online looking at them, and realised with enough work I could afford one eventually.

Now on my third one, and have loved every minute of each!

First saw one on the M25 in 1994 I think.

It was black and looked like a spaceship. My jaw hit the floor, and as I passed him in my 1.6 Capri I could see the guy driving it had the biggest grin on his face I'd ever seen....

March 2002 was the first time I really noticed a MKIV.

I had been out of the car scene for many years due to the public transport here being so good and finally decided I wanted a run around. I liked the sound of the Impreza's and was looking at some in a large car showroon at the old HK airport and I saw a black monster that I didn't recognize - shame on me I know. I was surprised to see it was a Supra and I had always wanted one when I was a nipper.

Sat in it, test drove it and said to myself, one day this car shall be mine. 2 days later I was handed the keys and my sad life ended there :nana: :thumbs: :nana:

Over 4 years later of ownership and I'm still desparately trying to invest more money in it :blink:

500 posts in over 4 years is a very poor hit rate
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_oops.gif

i was trying to impress a girl who liked cars. she said she liked supra, i read up on it, fell in love with it! sorted. thats was about 6 years back i think, dont think i had really noticed them until then because i always wanted a celica gt4.

we are still good friends :)

Im embarrased to say but i went shopping saw a skyline. My partners sons suggested i get one. We went home looked and realised i couldnt insure then, what else is there i said. David suggested a supra, Boy do i owe him one :D