The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Induction pipe

blitz supra

Just wondered,

I have a HKS Induction kit and wondered if there is a polished Alloy pipe on the market which replaces the stock plastic bit at the throttle housing which then attaches to a rubber pipe which then connects to the HKS Pipe,

The stock one has a few vac pipe connecting to it and what looks like some resornator tank attached,

Anyone know of a pipe that would replace all this and just have a rubber collar each end to join at throttle end and filter end and with the relevent Vac connector pipe points already on it

You need all that stuff attached to the black rubber pipe to "attenuate" the air before it gets to the throttle body.

If you look behind it, you see all sorts of odd boxes and protrusions coming off the pipe. I don't know what they do, but I do know Toyota put them there for a reason.

If you had an alloy pipe made you'd have to replicate all that stuff as well.

You need all that stuff attached to the black rubber pipe to "attenuate" the air before it gets to the throttle body.

If you look behind it, you see all sorts of odd boxes and protrusions coming off the pipe. I don't know what they do, but I do know Toyota put them there for a reason.

If you had an alloy pipe made you'd have to replicate all that stuff as well.

I Think the black box is just a silencer for the induction

Pipework would be easy if the new pipe had outlets to take the vac pipes

Alot of the K&N 57i kits for cars usually allow you to remove the resonator / silencer box In their kits they just use an additional pipe,

Must be similar surely

Doesn't appear to be any switches, that is taken care of in the HKS pipe at the front