The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Porsche 911 or Supra???

SarahJon

My Dad loves his 911's (or posh beetles as I call them!) and took the piss like a pro when I told him I was having a Supra (NA Auto).

I've had her nearly 2 months and he seems to be having a little bit of a change of heart :p

He's now looking around at UK TT's - just to go one better than me!! But he isn't yet sure if this is the right decision :)

I know my opinion - Supra all the way - but what does everyone else think?? He's got into the habit of checking this forum so let him know your thoughts!

It's an immaculate M reg Carrera 2 (submodel 993) tiptronic with red leather interior!!!

Just not my cup of tea I'm afraid!

He's had a fair few 911's but this is one of the last of the air cooled and it's taken him ages to track it down :)

great lovely car by the way still have the dvd and sat nav in ??? got a sticker fro you when u come to jae ;) a small emblem come and see me at ultimate importer stand jm-imports

It is - so pleased with it!

Still got the DVD etc in it but can't get the sat nav working?? We think it may need a disc?

We'll defo come and pay you a visit - thanks. There all weekend anyway :)

I'm thinking about getting a Porsche as it happens. I'm at the homework stage at the mo, but can't make a final decision until work decide what they are doing with my life. A car like Jakes would be awesome, and I'd love Terry's, but a 964 Turbo (which is about BPU quick straight from the crate) or 964RS (ok, not as quick as the 964T in a straight line but it'd own a Supra in the bends and probably beat a stocker in a straight line) or possibly a 993C4 which isn't too shabby in both disciplines. I don't know an awful lot about them but I have raced against them at an aerodrome. Having said that, the way values are going a 996 Carrera 3.4 will be well into the sub£20k bracket, but it looks shit and isn't that quick compared to the other Porsches and is probably a touch slower than a stock Supra. Btw, LHD for any special 911's is supposed to be a good thing, why? I don't know.

I had a 993 Carrerra 2 before my Supe.

It was my dream car, I wanted a 911 since I was in my 20's . Driving it was awesome, everything about it felt good, the weight of the pedals, turn in, grip out of 2nd gear corners, braking, balance of the car, I could go on.

But and this is a big BUT, the ownership side of things wasn't the same. I used to worry about it being dinked in a car park, or the house getting done over for the keys, and it was alot of money to have tied up in a car.

Also it just didn't feel special. The ambience of the cabin was very so-so (don't forget the interior hadn't changed much from the old 3.2 so was nearly 20 yrs old) and if you live in the south, well Porkers are 10 a penny here. It was like "Oh a Porsche, whereas with the Supra its a case of "wow what's that?" Lets face it, a porker will never turn heads in the way a Supra can.

So for driving experience the Porsche (although the aircooled jobbies can be frightenly expensive to service compared to the more modern air cooled jobbies) but for ownership the Supra (for me anyway).

BTW just to set the record straight I'd say a Supra would do the Porsche in a straight line sprint, but down a twisty the Porsche will have it (but only just):D

I personally would have the supra, 911's look like pieces of shit, if i won one i would sell it straight away, and they are much more common than supras and can only be modded if you are well loaded, buy used cars which have awesome reliability and modding potential, new cars are worthless and old 911even more so, Gay cars, whats the point in buying newer cars when we haven't used all the older ones up!, supra looks better and if sorted properly will piss any porsche, ask fastisnice!!lol

I wouldn't have any 911 I could buy for Supra money but I'd love one of the new GT3s with the little smile on the bonnet ;)

http://www.shoppingo.it/upload/2006/03/Auto,%20la%20Porsche%20911%20GT3.JPG

I keep thinking about a 968 Club Sport but I can't imagine it being half the fun of the Supra.

I personally would have the supra, 911's look like pieces of shit, if i won one i would sell it straight away, and they are much more common than supras and can only be modded if you are well loaded, buy used cars which have awesome reliability and modding potential, new cars are worthless and old 911even more so, Gay cars, whats the point in buying newer cars when we haven't used all the older ones up!, supra looks better and if sorted properly will piss any porsche, ask fastisnice!!lol

Er, do you actually know what you are talking about? There is a reason why more 911's are used on GT races by privateers than any other car. I've been on five top speed days, Porsche have been fastest on four of those (might be a clean sweep, but I'm hazy on one event) and the only time one had to go home on a trailer was when a GT2 got a puncture. Also, didn't a 15 year old Ruf beat Paul Whiffin at TOTB? Btw, what's the fastest verified Supra top speed for a road legal Supra?

It's an immaculate M reg Carrera 2 (submodel 993) tiptronic with red leather interior!!!

Just not my cup of tea I'm afraid!

He's had a fair few 911's but this is one of the last of the air cooled and it's taken him ages to track it down :)

Sarah...perhaps I might be interested in swapping mine for his....mines a Jspec Manual TT....send me pics of the porker...I might be interested.

I know its going to be slower than my Supra...but im looking for something a bit more "grown up"...

I'm in two minds....send me the pics and lets see...ive PMd you my email addy

regards