The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can someone bring me to JAE some skirt fixing tape?

Pete

I've tried LOADS of places locally. (No Halfords do NOT sell it in Telford!)

I just want some double sided slightly spongy tape so fix OEM skirts to the sills.

Would any kind trader or body shop person have enough for one skirt they could bring to JAE with them?

Pretty please?

I could also do with a plastic fixing jobby that fixes the rear of the skirt to the rear arch too. One has popped off.

Gawler Tapes in Yate near Bristol do any tape imaginable, only problem is that its a £30 minimum order.

Kinda why I was hoping someone would have some. 30 quid for a small bit is shite :(

If I wanted to order off the 'net and spend a fortune I wouldn't be asking people for a favour to bring some! :rolleyes:

I have doublesided tape Pete thats used in signage and exhibition builds.

Its really sticky but not foam centered.

I used it to attach my spats. 3 years and its still on

Any good?

I don't think so mate, needs a small amount of cousioning flex there really.

If i remember i'll bring some body side moulding tape with me you can use that

Thank you very much dude! :D

I've tried LOADS of places locally. (No Halfords do NOT sell it in Telford!)

I just want some double sided slightly spongy tape so fix OEM skirts to the sills.

Would any kind trader or body shop person have enough for one skirt they could bring to JAE with them?

Pretty please?

I could also do with a plastic fixing jobby that fixes the rear of the skirt to the rear arch too. One has popped off.

And i thought the japs were the only ones left using this, its simply terrible, lol

my skirts look like they are hanging off, because of jap double tape

And i thought the japs were the only ones left using this, its simply terrible, lol

my skirts look like they are hanging off, because of jap double tape

The skirts are OEM and secured on the correct mounting points, they just need a little something extra to hold them close to the sill so the door doesn't rub. There's very little strength required.

Pete you can buy this stuff by the inch from Vauxhall.. Its not that expensive.. They use it to attach the door trims... bloody good stuff too..

Failing that give me your address and ill send you up a strip coz i got some..

Thank you for your kind offer, I'll see if Supraloopys offer comes to fruition at JAE if not let you know.

I won't go near Vauxhall - they cause me mental distress and anguish everytime I go near them.