The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interesting BPU vs Single picture...

Gazboy

Guest Terry S
Now overlay Titans :D

Good Idea. on a dyno dynamics RR, using optimax, and no NOS;)

As I said on PH, thanks Darryl, just shows not all singles are laggy.

Guest Terry S
That is very impressive.

How much of that is attributable to VVTI trickery? Would you expect much difference on a pre-vvti with the same set-up?

Cant say really, the VVTi action will help, it really is a combination of the VVTi, selection of parts, and good tuning.

Guest Terry S
True...although I compared to another T61 I can't say they had the same tune as me...

Thats tricky unless compared on the same rollers as well, thats what is good about the comparison above.

Darryl's is a good strong BPU car too.

Homer, pm me your e mail address and I'll send you my graph (on an auto) from SRR last year.

I've just noticed as well, that my car was run in 2nd gear I believe that affects the figures doesn't it. I think I read Alex as saying that autos should be run in 3rd on a dyno?

I can help arrange a shootout at SRR or DSA/G-Force (both dyno's can be compared to eachother)? Ideally with 6 speeds as imo autoboxes just make life more complicated than it needs to be.

Terry- I suspect the VVti helps quite a fair bit, I can't see a Toyota official oking an expensive r&d and manufactor if the system was a paperweight.

Micheal- that link is bloody handy- looks like I had a bloody good rev2 looking at the others!

I thought I would overlay my dyno graph (I only have hp), I am running BPU on stock jap turbos at 1.25bar, but in TTC (parallel). See my garage for full spec

It is interesting to see how the power curve compares to Homer's BPU Supra running in sequential mode, we are both making similar top end power, but I seem to gain a lot of mid range power running in parallel.

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/8074/t61vsbpubm7.jpg