The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MK4 for only £2400!?

sleeky

Looks like the MK4 has now officially gone the way of the mk3 :(

There is one on autotrader at £2400, for a mk4 thats uber cheap :( :(

Just a matter of time now before it becomes the new scooby and every fool and his dog has got one :(

Ive had mine up at 4600 and not had 1 sensible phone call about it, it would be criminal to let it go for less good job i have been offered a good trade in price otherwise i would be keeping it.

Dont think anything is shifting at the moment so people are just dropping the prices lower and lower,to be honest its a real shame as every burberry wearing twat will be driving supras soon:( :(

yep theres alot of crap around.... impervious i am surprised yours hasnt gone it looks really nice and at a good price... i never plan on selling mine so im not going to worry about it ... the next owner will be the scrappy when all petrol in the world has been used up... i will go na-t before i sell her for someting faster.

n00b

i think the problem is market saturation 5 years back when i got mine it was the only one in the area now there are probably about 10, prices are bound to be driven down as a result

lol sorry paul :p ... i best dump mine in the bay then

Ive had mine up at 4600 and not had 1 sensible phone call about it, it would be criminal to let it go for less good job i have been offered a good trade in price otherwise i would be keeping it.

Dont think anything is shifting at the moment so people are just dropping the prices lower and lower,to be honest its a real shame as every burberry wearing twat will be driving supras soon:( :(

Current value NA start at £4995 and that is cheap from a dealer

TT start around £6500 for a 93-94 in standard unmolested form - up to £11000 for something with 400 ish bhp

TT Prices may start increasing again though as they are getting hard to source over in Japan now that the Russians are big into Jap imports,

They are really pushing up the Auction prices sadly, my friend has just comeback ( visited Nismo racing and top secret while there too)

His buyer took him to one auction (17000 cars) and need a bus to get around!! , he said he was drooling at what he could bring over ... sadly no model reports and ESVA puts a stop on it ...

700bhp Supes you could pick up there for about £11000 those days are now gone, same with Skylines,

In USA TT's either l/h or rh drive can command upto $90.000

Prices over here may be dropping but in the state they are climbing. Any MKIV going for £2400 has to be a bag of shit. I believe you can get a write off for that. I think the market my well be flodded with cheap MKIV's in the near future when the chavs buying them realise that they cost a lot more to keep on the road than your average Nova. As with all things in life you get what you payfore. However if you wanted a cheap start to getting into drag racing and enjoy building cars, this could be the one

Never had any intention of selling mine when I bought it, with so much invested in it, I am not going to give it all away for peanuts. I would rather break it and sell as parts than let some toerag have it.

When you think

I sold my FTO last year and the Supra was £150 less to insure a year!!!

For me a TT Supra was £10 more to insure than a FTO, making it £496 fully comp protected

Renewed my insurance this year and the Supra was only £297.00,

What made me laugh though is "more than" insurance sent me a quote for a Mondeo 1.8lx ( ashamed to admit it) i had 5 years ago ( so up todate records then) and the quote was £140 more than my Supra,

So yep i reckon the chavs will soon realise what they can buy reasonably cheaply and insure too,

Even the max power nights that were held at Ace Cafe London were steadliy becoming Jap nites as all the kids had grown out of their silly french cars and realise now what they can have,

Scary thought

early 20 somethings in a TT or a Skyline... better off just giving them a machine gun!!

Current value NA start at £4995 and that is cheap from a dealer

Best not look on autotrader then you may get a fright, 9 between 3 and 4k :(

I had my N/A for sale for 5k a few months back and really struggled to shift it, sad fact of life, most folk see the cheap shite and think the good ones should be around the same price:tongue:

Best not look on autotrader then you may get a fright, 9 between 3 and 4k :(

I had my N/A for sale for 5k a few months back and really struggled to shift it, sad fact of life, most folk see the cheap shite and think the good ones should be around the same price:tongue:

yep and they'll be £3 - 4k piles of crap...

Trouble is every idiot got in on the Jap import scene and gave the proper dealers a bad name,

They not converted properly, stupid fog lamps and sometimes clocked ( Cars aren;t clocked in Japan

and they aren't stolen either, you can't export unless they are de registered.. trouble starts when they get here and the idiots buy them, mr ted in a shed

who blags his way into a UK Auction or is brave enough to import himself,

ebay isn't helping

I reckon this maybe the way it will go you know

Pick up a mint NA for peanuts and turbo it...

Not sure how it would compare in performance to the TT though,

But they reckon the NA is so understressed in the engine dept that they can take a fair bhp hike ,

Wonder if the mod will make it more realiable than the TT too and less temprementle ( spell check!!)

We'll have wait with baited breath and see what Lucifer comes up with aye guys..

Sweeping statment that, some actually look quite good.

Cars depreciate, get over it:p

Supra's will continue to get cheaper, the market is flooded with imports. I have no doubt that we'll hear about mkiv's going for £1-2k in the next year or two.

I've seen a couple of cars now (NA auto's) which were picked up at auction for less than £3k, they were absolute sheds. Its a shame I didn't have my camera with me, you lot wouldn't believe the state they were in. One guy I met recently showed me his 40k KM NA auto which he bought for £3k. The car had 5 (no joke) different 'silver' body panel colours, interior ripped to shreds, dash had been blown over with a spay can. It was running like a pile of crap yet the guy was boasting how he'd been blasting past M3's all week :rolleyes:

There's some real shiters out there. Its only worth what the buyer it prepared to pay, for well looked after examples he price will stay much higher than the crap the dealers seem to be picking up.

Originally Posted by blitz supra

yep and they'll be £3 - 4k piles of crap...

Sweeping statment that, some actually look quite good.

Cars depreciate, get over it:p

Yep. The one my friend is selling (details in my Sig, BTW:)) is in really good nick and will sell for well under 4k.

Well, I paid £9000 3 months ago for my 96 TT.

You get what you pay for, I paid 9K and its mint, like new, with nice rims and bodykit.

If you pay 3k, you'll get 3k's worth of car.

I don't care if chavs buy up all the cheap ones, it means more spare parts in the scrap yard for me when they prang them.

If you pay 3k, you'll get 3k's worth of car.

Sorry mate but not true, some people have to sell their cars for different reasons, more often than not it's to get cash ASAP, not all can afford to hold out for the top price and that's why it is all to easy to pick up a good car for less than the average price.

There was one that went for 2800 on here not long ago and was known by a couple of members, this was in good condition, guy just needed quick sale.