The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Protecting Chrome Wheels

Stonkin

Guys,

I've briefly asked about this before, but i just want to be sure before i buy the wrong product.

I've recently bought a set of Wed's SA-70 black chrome wheels. I only ever clean them with hot soapy water twice a week. But i am after something that will protect them and possibly make them shine even better. I have phoned Meguiars today and asked for their advice and he said if they are laquered, i will be able to use something like thier NXT Generation car body wax, which is just a good quality car polish. But if they are not then i shouldnt ever put anything on them.

How do i find out if the wheels are laquered? Perhaps i should pm Nic and get him to ask Weds

Guest woody1mad

well a lot of motor bike riders use mr sheen house hold polish and say its great as it cleans them up and protects them more everytime you use it

and a motor bike wheel has loads of oil and crap all over them

well a lot of motor bike riders use mr sheen house hold polish and say its great as it cleans them up and protects them more everytime you use it

and a motor bike wheel has loads of oil and crap all over them

yeah but are they chrome?

Christian a good quality wax is all you need, make sure you apply a few good coats, Sponge and soapy water to clean them, then re-apply more wax.

i would agree mate, just the guy from meguiars said if they are not laquered then i should never put anything on them. dont really want it to be a trial and error type thing if you know what i mean

I am assuming for the money they are actiually proper black chrome, it is chrome plating with an oil added to it to give the look.

I protect most chrome parts with a good wax, my choice is p21s carnauba wax, it isn't cheap but does a good job, it is not harsh or abrasive it is just a protecter for the surface.