The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra N/a

rovervi

yes auto 6.7 manual is about 6.4, auto in manual mode f**k knows, fast enough until the novelty wears off, i am sure i could get a veyron and after a few months be looking for more power!!lol

Supposedly only 1 second or less between Auto /man

Not really much of a difference considering,

Just MPG is much worse on an Auto especially around town

Quotes of between 6.2 to 6.7 mate depending where you look. The most common one I have seen is 6.4. Quick enough for me anyway. For now........:eyebrows:

Anything below 7 secs is fast ,

below 6 is very quick

Even the big BM's and some of the M Series are only 7 - 8 secs same with the Turbo Audis,

A N/A Supra is faster than a Audi A6 Quattro twin turbo,

My boss had one ( he is a young fast and compentent driver) .. trust me been there killed that...:yahoo:

I have nooooo turbos either

Only thing which dId suprise me though and is slighlty quicker of the mark until I hit about 25 - 30mph and then i'm back on form is the wifes RX8, But that does rev to 9000rpm ...:wtf: oooh and what a soundtrack, and a beeper too to tell you to change gear.... sublime Rotary howl !!!

what about the audi 225 tt how quick is that???

Crap.

Mates got one, TT's are just a tarted up Golf at the end of the day and are heavy and cramped.

A looker yes, but no go even the 3.2 v6 jobby. too heavy!! and all the 4wd robs all the power,, why do you need 4wd on a hairdressers car???

6.8 0-60 at a push

someone at work has a TT. stopped bringing it in when i asked them how the skoda was. Quick explanation that the TT/Fabia/Golf/Ibiza are all the same car but with a different body on and the look on their face was priceless.

What i have found is the FTO i had with a 0-60 of 7 secs actually felt a bit quicker at some speeds and revs. I think the solidity of the Supra lulls you into thinking you aren't going as quick as you are.

once you get moving above about 80 the Supra just rockets away.

Do miss the V6 soundtrack of the FTO though. With the induction kit it gave a fabulous roar when you floored it and with a rev limit at 8250rpm there was a lot of it.

HAve to get a decent exhaust for the Supra to compensate, it is too quiet!

m.

someone at work has a TT. stopped bringing it in when i asked them how the skoda was. Quick explanation that the TT/Fabia/Golf/Ibiza are all the same car but with a different body on and the look on their face was priceless.

What i have found is the FTO i had with a 0-60 of 7 secs actually felt a bit quicker at some speeds and revs. I think the solidity of the Supra lulls you into thinking you aren't going as quick as you are.

once you get moving above about 80 the Supra just rockets away.

Do miss the V6 soundtrack of the FTO though. With the induction kit it gave a fabulous roar when you floored it and with a rev limit at 8250rpm there was a lot of it.

HAve to get a decent exhaust for the Supra to compensate, it is too quiet!

m.

Got 5in Jap pipe on mine Supra

Lancaster bomber sound comes to mind

what other tuning have you done to get to 250 bhp?

i know Mertoc has has a double decat but i don't think there is anything else and the exhaust is standard.

I tweaked a few bits with the FTO including the throttle body, throttle cable and position sensor and it is a very responsive motor but i don't know where to start with the Supra!

i want a quiet sound until foot goes down when it all goes mad...like this (FTO)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAkTfb1xHOs

most of that is the ITG induction kit but i'm told that isn't a good idea with a Supra.

m.

Supposedly only 1 second or less between Auto /man

Not really much of a difference considering,

Just MPG is much worse on an Auto especially around town

What mpg does a manual get and waht does an auto get???

Also whats this over drive business and is it on all Suora auto's?

Sorry i am new to all this, havent even found my Supra yet lol

m.

PMS laughing:rlol:

That is the best discripition of a Audi TT i've ever heard

If you need to sqeeze every last ounce of power out of an na supe you need a manual if you r not into ragging the s**t out of it everywhere get the auto its much smoother ride

i get about 30-33mpg on a run in an auto

Mines a Manual

get around 24 - 26 around town best on a long run is 36mpg

Roughly around town just over 1/4 tank = 125 miles (£20 fuel)

The NA seems to come into its own around 5500rpm