The mkiv Supra Owners Club

UK fuel pump in j-spec

mikeyb10supra

Why is that you are about 2 - 3 months ahead of everything that I am doing....

I have been told that this is possible, and a good option, as they flow more than the Walbro, under correction. Been advised that this is the best route for me.

What are your plans for your car?? Seems rather similar to what I have planned...

Good luck!

reason being the walbro is noisy....UK is not + flows more and will slot straight in hopefully ;)

I am getting the car ready for BPU now as reliably as possible which wil include water/meth injection + lots of cooling but also trying to pave the way for a very small single in process....looking at the Sound Performance gear at the mo...maybe a SP57 or similar

I figure if I replace parts that are needed for the single now its less expense when I finally take the plunge

I have heard the same thing about the Walbro's.

My ideas are very similar... Basically doing as much modding as I can to prep the car for single conversion, before and while I get my engine re-build done.

Standard internals, BL61 DBB is what I am looking at. I like the idea of earlier spool up, better for road driving.

The water/meth injection is probably a good, I should be looking at that as well.

Other things that I am going to be putting in are:

264/264 cams

HKS cam gears

Boost controller

Greddy Ultimate

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

650cc fuel injectors - drop in replacements

braid fuel lines

Fuel pump, UK spec (by the looks)

FMIC - replace my knackered one...

Got full decat and K&N induction kit.

Basically trying to get everything done, so that I dont have anything else when it comes time to do the single conversion.

I also have a drive in single turbo car scheduled for the end of the month, thanks to Matt Harwood.

Good luck mate!! keep us informed as to your progress.

When I ordered my Walbro I received a Sytec pump, it's supposed to give the same performance as a Walbro.

It's quiet, I've never heard it at all.

A trader on here supplied it, works fine. Significantly cheaper than a new UK pump.

Standard internals, BL61 DBB is what I am looking at. I like the idea of earlier spool up, better for road driving.

a very good choice, im going slightly smaller as im worried about the lag on the auto :(

The water/meth injection is probably a good, I should be looking at that as well.

Not to everyones tastes this and im still learning a lot about the whole concept

im going for UK cams I think....I believe you compramise some low down torque with the HKS jobbies

you wont be dissapointed, I went out in Terry S old car now owned by white lightning now and almost shat myself :D

watch this space money permitting

a very good choice, im going slightly smaller as im worried about the lag on the auto :(

Not to everyones tastes this and im still learning a lot about the whole concept

im going for UK cams I think....I believe you compramise some low down torque with the HKS jobbies

you wont be dissapointed, I went out in Terry S old car now owned by white lightning now and almost shat myself :D

watch this space money permitting

having the life scared out of me is what I am worried about, might not want to go single after that!! :blink:

definitely think that water spray kit is a good thing, seen them used quite well on tmic for imprezas...

thats why I want the dbb turbo, slightly less lag, especially since I am chaning the cams to the 264/264.

Will be good to see and compare once all done!! will be very interesting builds.....

Can't say I've found Walbros to be excessively noisy. I can hear a slight whine on idle, but once your moving, or the stereos on, you can't hear it.

Dont ge me wrong though, the UK pump is good. It can flow more than a Walbro, but it does cost a lot more.

Just for reference, the Sytec is a rebadged Walbro.

having the life scared out of me is what I am worried about, might not want to go single after that!! :blink:

definitely think that water spray kit is a good thing, seen them used quite well on tmic for imprezas...

thats why I want the dbb turbo, slightly less lag, especially since I am chaning the cams to the 264/264.

Will be good to see and compare once all done!! will be very interesting builds.....

after an in depth discussions with John A on here re WI I have had to re-think my jet locations so after the IC core may not be such a good idea

my build may not happen this year, but it wont be long after the new year :)