The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Boost Gauge positioning

imi

Hey all.

Need some advice. Have a look at the attached pic, I would like to move the boost gauge to the slot where the clock sits and reinsert the airvent. Now I do have the air-vent, question is, are there any gobbins that sit BEHIND the dash that feed into the air-vent?

if so, then does anyone have those....

Latest Pics 021.jpg

imi just looking at the pic it doesent look like a 52mm because if you look at the glass part of your gauge it seems to be bigger than the clock itself mate :)

hmm...bugger....

so in that case, I'll probably remove the gauge as I have an AVC-R to keep an eye on boost. how do I go about replacing the air-vent....any gobbins in the back?

as far as i know, you can just put the vent back in, as theres a sort of pipe thing that carries the air to the vent which is there, probably not best explained by me, but if you remove the dash cover youll see what im talking about. and not sure of this but maybe its been blocked off as you removed the vent with tape or whatever. best thing to do is take it off and check behind, replacing the vent is easy :)

Imi i know its because of the hot sun and your missing the cold air from your Air con hitting the left side of your face.

i say fight it, winter is round the corner, so leave it where it is.

There is a little duct in the back which directs the air but thats about it i think.

There is a little duct in the back which directs the air but thats about it i think.

duct thats the word i was looking for lol.