The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pinking

Ewen

Guest Griffo

Well, I would hazzard a guess, but it would be wrong, so i'll say this instead:

Is that Tesco 99 RON going to be 'better' all round than Optimax? As I heard from somewhere (invisible friend) that the Tesco stuff doesn't have the tasty additives etc that look after the magic parts of the engine...

Maybe fuel injectors are...blocked, so not en..see, i told you it would be wrong!

ECU Error Code check, Then ECU reset!

Cant check the codes myself, Im VVTI, but codes were ckecked for me last week after re-occurrence of fault I had last year - same code and symptoms as before.....

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=45814&highlight=tps

Cant say I noticed any pinking last time I had this problem, could be coincidence this time or related ?

Edited by Ewen (see edit history)

Hi Ewen - Noticed the same thing myself just recently - about 2 weeks ago whilst down devon - low speeds up an incline under slight load - was using Sainsbury's Super UL at the time, went over to Optimax & couldn't say I noticed it again. At weekend I put in Sainsbury's Super UL again ( from Ferndown ) - with half a tank left I put in Optimax tonight - and agin noticed pinking coming up the steep incline from Weymouth to Dorchester. I was getting a bit concerned it might have been a prob with the car until I read your post - ?????

O2 sensor?.....

Colder plugs needed?....go here if you are not sure:http://www.briskusa.com/technical_02heatrange.htm

Always use Optimax regardless of what you hear about Tesco's 99 (it is not always 99 octane, bad batches can be as low as 92-95...)....

Thanks for thoughts so far. Service on monday, so I will pass opinions on to them. Liking the Welsh fuel theory, as if anything Welsh could be anything but dodgy:p

My sister reminder me at the weekend that we do in fact, have distant Welsh roots, which explains a lot.