The mkiv Supra Owners Club

just been caught speeding

Lee GZ

Hi Guy’s,

Quick question... Im shitting it because i think I have just lost my licence..!:(

Driving back from Yatley tonight on the motorway heading to Southampton after going to my 6 year old nieces birthday party, cruising along at 70 80mph when in a moment of stupidity i put my foot down wasn’t planning to do it for long as my petrol light had just recently come on so it was just going to be a short burst.! Anyway came up behind this whit estate he pulls out the way as I shoot past at 120+ and as soon as i do the blue lights come on f*ck..! He didn’t clock me going those speeds but it turns out he was tailing someone ells doing 110 as was just about to pull him over till he saw me.

I’ve got to produce my documents and im going to get a summons to go to court..!

I know before anyone say’s it’s stupid and to be honest i rarely go those speeds.! Im soooo worried now because i don’t want to loos my license, i currently have 3 points.:( :(

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What details were taken mate and were you cautioned and given a verbal NIP?

If you weren't and you don't hear anything within two weeks then you won't be getting prosecuted.

What's the evidence against you? Anything visually recorded?

I think if hes been told hes getting a summons by the cop, that kinda qualifies as the verbal!

Sorry to hear this fella, just suck it up and apologise if you were caught fair and square. You may be able to off-set the length of the ban with a heftier fine.

I think if hes been told hes getting a summons by the cop, that kinda qualifies as the verbal!

Not quite. If he is to be prosecuted for the offence then he must be given an NIP and caution whether it be verbal or in writing. The time limit for the NIP to be given is 2 weeks and then there is a 6 month time limit for the prosecution to be completed and the summons served.

Not quite. If he is to be prosecuted for the offence then he must be given an NIP and caution whether it be verbal or in writing. The time limit for the NIP to be given is 2 weeks and then there is a 6 month time limit for the prosecution to be completed and the summons served.

I was done for DD (not drink), I know this.

Thanks for the reply guys,

Well yeah he cautioned me and gave the verbal. Took all my details down. Couldn’t just issue points as i was going over 100mph.

He didn’t clock me doing 110mph, there's visual video record but as he said he was tailing another car doing 110 so he knows i was going faster then that.! I just know I’ve lost my licence!! Only just been given the ok via insurance to get my new front bumper..

My job doesn't require a licence BUT i will defo state that it does when i go to court..!

If he's been told that he is getting the summons then that will mean that the officer will put his statement in regarding the incident including all relevant information such as speed, visual evidence, speedo calibration and number then submit to the CPS for their decision. The summons will then be sent out including a time and date for the court appearance.

However a NIP will have to be issued within 2 weeks to inform that he is being considered for the prosecution of 'offence' if he has not already been given that verbally by the officer at the time, that is the law.

Well he’s putting me down for doing in excess of 110mph even though he recons he’s being lenient as i was going a lot faster!

Got 7 days to produce and he said i will be getting a letter stating i will have to attend court.

My job doesn't require a licence BUT i will defo state that it does when i go to court..!

That is your best defense to keeping your licence, get it noted in a letter from your employer. Instead of a ban you could be looking at max points on your licence and a big fine.

Fingers crossed that nothing happens, but I had 3 months of people telling me I'd be ok then the summons popped through the letter box.. it ruined my summer I can tell you!

i plan to accept all responsibility and i will be 100% sincere, just feel soooo stupid now! dunno why i decided to put my foot down, he pulled me right by the services..! should of said i needed a piss or somthing but as always your mind goes blank..! :0(

i plan to accept all responsibility and i will be 100% sincere, just feel soooo stupid now! dunno why i decided to put my foot down, he pulled me right by the services..! should of said i needed a piss or somthing but as always your mind goes blank..! :0(

As long as your reply to the NIP wasn't "It goes faster" or something equally stupid. The best thing you can do is keep your mouth shut.

lee i feel well sorry for you mate, because your british they will through the book at you, if you was an illegal he wouldn't have even pulled you over it's so out of order.....coz you have insurance pay tax and work hard tp earn a living they will punish ya what a load of boll## what a great country

As long as your reply to the NIP wasn't "It goes faster" or something equally stupid. The best thing you can do is keep your mouth shut.

lol no i was sh*ting it!! Got the violin out and was playing that card :( didnt work though..!

Its so not fair in this country..!

There should be some leniency with speeding. I mean it’s late the motorway is fairly quite? I don’t condone it in built up areas at all..! But hardly anyone sticks to 70 on a moterway..... needless to say though i was hovering around the 60 mark all the way home with my tail between my legs, feeling all sheepish.