The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dirty car for JAE :( but I'm trying...

Mike

So tomorrow I'm up to Worcester on a course for a week... then Friday afternoon (after 3 hour exam, oh joy..) back home to pick up Charlotte and then to JAE...

So that's 160 miles from here to Worcester.. then, that again to come home and get Charlotte... and then another 140 miles up to JAE...

This week I've had the degreaser (Gunk) and kitchen roll out and cleaned the engine (or as much as I dare without touching the electrical gubbins!).

I've just washed all the wheels (AutoGlym alloy wheel cleaner) - they looked like new!

I then washed the entire car to within an inch of it's life..

Finally rubbed the car down with chamois for a good twenty minutes (complete with total stranger shouting 'you can do mine after that!')....

..but then I'm going to do loads of miles and it'll look like cack next to everyone else's car... I know your all spending the entire day Friday washing them! wish I could...

I'm going to try and find a half decent jet wash in Worcester just to get it as good as I can... but... still won't be looking it's best.... :(

(anyway off down the beach this afternoon to take piccies of her at her best with new 6 megapixel digital camera! - maybe I'll stick photos under the wipers at JAE... she did look like this..)

Well if it makes you feel any better, I am going to JAE first thing on saturday and the only time I can wash and polish the soop is friday night when i get home at 7.30 then I have the interior to gut out

arrr well... I missed that bit out... I know a really good valet place in Portsmouth.. so did that yesterday in my lunch hour... like new for £9... :)

Well if it makes you feel any better, I am going to JAE first thing on saturday and the only time I can wash and polish the soop is friday night when i get home at 7.30 then I have the interior to gut out

Well I don't have to gut the interior, but it certainly needs a clean and polish, but I too will have to wash the car Friday night - I will then be polishing it at JAE :( I'm sure we won't be alone :)

Very blasé about the whole thing aren't you Pete?

I just don't get the same joy washing and waxing the blue one. I loved doing Mertoc as it looked so unbelievably shiney like a mirror. I miss the black.

It took more effort, but the results were stunning. The blue one just needs washing and a protective wax every so often and it looks good for ages even when dirty.

In reality Vicki has actually logged in as you and you're out on the drive furiously cleaning away. I reckon anyway. ;)

Nope, I've been reading CVs for interviewing next week, shopping and tinkering with the kitcar (Tabatha).

yea, I'm a bit bothered about Pete.

His enthusiasm seems to be waning for the Supra

"Come on Pete, Show us some Supra lovin"

Like your t-shirt you mean? Less than a week to receiving it ;)

I'll bring my wash and polish kit to JAE and do it there...maybe.

Just down the road in Kidderminster and Ian R is in Worcester mini meet??:D

Good idea, but might have to play it by ear... I'm doing a Project management course and have two exams through the week... and have been warned about getting lots of homework!

That said I'll no doubt be on here at some point in the evenings so I'll give you a shout..? :)

Good idea, but might have to play it by ear... I'm doing a Project management course and have two exams through the week... and have been warned about getting lots of homework!

That said I'll no doubt be on here at some point in the evenings so I'll give you a shout..? :)

No worries, see how you go and let me know:)

So tomorrow I'm up to Worcester on a course for a week... then Friday afternoon (after 3 hour exam, oh joy..) back home to pick up Charlotte and then to JAE...

So that's 160 miles from here to Worcester.. then, that again to come home and get Charlotte... and then another 140 miles up to JAE...

This week I've had the degreaser (Gunk) and kitchen roll out and cleaned the engine (or as much as I dare without touching the electrical gubbins!).

I've just washed all the wheels (AutoGlym alloy wheel cleaner) - they looked like new!

I then washed the entire car to within an inch of it's life..

Finally rubbed the car down with chamois for a good twenty minutes (complete with total stranger shouting 'you can do mine after that!')....

..but then I'm going to do loads of miles and it'll look like cack next to everyone else's car... I know your all spending the entire day Friday washing them! wish I could...

I'm going to try and find a half decent jet wash in Worcester just to get it as good as I can... but... still won't be looking it's best.... :(

(anyway off down the beach this afternoon to take piccies of her at her best with new 6 megapixel digital camera! - maybe I'll stick photos under the wipers at JAE... she did look like this..)

Sonic

I've been using a waterless wash called Ultra Ion for a few months now. Wouldn'r be without it (I've got a black car and it keeps the car cleaner for longer). Pic of my car three days after a "waterless" wash on this thread: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=70667

Get some here before JAE: http://www.go-waterless.co.uk/ultra-ion-reviews.asp

If your car is really dirty give it a quick jet wash in any garage before you get to JAE (or even the day before) and then give it the Ultra Ion treatment once you get there (3/4 of an hour at most, for the whole car, wheels and windows included). NO WATER REQUIRED!....shifts bugs, etc with ease....

Only two cloths needed (supplied with the kit), one chemical, for the whole car.

Worth every damn penny and you'll be impressed with the finish.

I am an ex valeter from years ago and the finish with this stuff is better than Auto Grim, Mother's, etc....

Highly recommended mate and they deliver fast....