The mkiv Supra Owners Club

air intake question...

miko_supra

I got the filter from MKiv store and I think you will be better off buying the kit. I am lucky to found a second hand pipe but the MKIV one is not apexi Power filter...

I got it but found out it is the one with filter around the head but not in the middle with a hole......can't explain it...

well, I think there is 2 type, the cheaper is the one with only filter around the outside and the expensive one have filter around and in the middle..

http://www.prostreetonline.com/buy/apexi%5Fpower%5Fintake%5Ffilter/universal/

above is the one I wanted

Why don't you go back to a stock air box it'll give you an extra 10-15BHP more than the HKS will. All the HKS will be doing is making a lot more noise (OK if you want more noise) and sucking in a whole lot of hot air from in the engine bay, where as with the stock box it has a channelled air duct that will allow colder air to get in there. The stock boxes are ok unless you are running over 550-600BHP anyway...

that's the thing, i prefer the noise, and im gnna have a cold air pipe running from the bumper when i get the apexi fitted. Is it really 10-15 more bhp? That bad?

Yep it certainly is that much of a difference with a non stock induction kit and I too am working on an idea for a cold air pipe / intake....