The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cold feed pipe n/a

Dave

i brought a cold feed kit for my n/a at the jap show {pod} just fitted it to the car and it makes a bit of difference in the response of the car after 3k revs i can hear the apexi much more now .especially on hard exceleration.cant wait for a nice cold morning .gonna move the intake end to the mesh it will look better there

be careful in wet conditions:Pling:

you dont want a engine full of water when you go through a big puddle!!!

At least it's on the DRIVER's side (ie. towards the centre of the road)

so stands a chance when the Kerb-Side is swamped.

It's amazing how many 'normal' cars have their intakes in the Nearside wheel

arch or similar ?!?!?!!? ALMOST like the manufacturers WANTED to

sell more engines/cars due the Hydraulicking (

believe it or not ?? :blink: )

At least it's on the DRIVER's side (ie. towards the centre of the road)

so stands a chance when the Kerb-Side is swamped.

It's amazing how many 'normal' cars have their intakes in the Nearside wheel

arch or similar ?!?!?!!? ALMOST like the manufacturers WANTED to

sell more engines/cars due the Hydraulicking (

believe it or not ?? :blink: )

Normally because they are designed as LHD cars first, then converted to RHD. Why do you think that most cars in the UK have the indicators on the left side of the steering wheel instead of the right like the soop...

Have a HKS Induction kit on mine and make up this simple heat sheilds out of Alloy only took about 15 mins,

see attached

Does the cold feed go out through that hole on th inner wing?

Was thinking of making up something similar to what you have done

Oh well can't attach a simple digital picture as this doesn't allow anything over 244kbs ... mmmm

How do we go about this then?? if can't attach standard photos?

i brought a cold feed kit for my n/a at the jap show {pod} just fitted it to the car and it makes a bit of difference in the response of the car after 3k revs i can hear the apexi much more now .especially on hard exceleration.cant wait for a nice cold morning .gonna move the intake end to the mesh it will look better there

My N/A responds amazingly to the cold air , winter and early mornings and late night, almost like taking the handbrake off ...

But on the whole i've found mine to be far more responsive with the HKS on than it was with the stock Air box,

N/A doesn't have the heat soak issues of the TT which apparantley runs better on the stock Air box

Don't expect a roar though, mines a little more throaty but doesn't growl like my old FTO did with a Blitz kit on,

bu then again my supe has a massive Jap exhaust ( 5in Tailpipe) , so hear very little over that,

But will upgrade the Cone as the HKS Mushroom filters have crap filteration

Looking for one of those Stainless mesh ones i had on the FTO but the supe has a 100mm dia( i think) neck

Have a HKS Induction kit on mine and make up this simple heat sheilds out of Alloy only took about 15 mins,

see attached

Does the cold feed go out through that hole on th inner wing?

Was thinking of making up something similar to what you have done

yes put it through the hole for the fmic on the tt

Oh well can't attach a simple digital picture as this doesn't allow anything over 244kbs ... mmmm

How do we go about this then?? if can't attach standard photos?

go into windows photo editor and reduce the size thats what i do

be carefull in wet conditions:Pling:

you dont want a engine full of water when you go through a big puddle!!!

i joined a piece of rubber piping form the induction system off my ex audi coupe like an elbow behind the intake in the front it has a step inside with a drain hole. but the water issue i have thought of so maybe i will move it away from the filter in the bad weather

tried that but only allows you to paint stuff on pic,

I have XP, But can't see where you reduce its size...

ok click all programmes clickmicrosoft office tools there you should find microsoft photo editor open that top bar click on image then reduce size normally to 50% then close it down you will get a save this option click yes then right click on photo properties see if your photo is the right size if not do it again .NOTE MAKE A COPY OF YOUR PICTURE BEFORE DOING THIS CAUSE ONCE YOU REDUCE IT WONT GO BACK!!!!!