The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhausts, clearance, multi-storeys and noise.

RedM

I've had my Greddy Ti exhaust for a week now and, in the words from an advert, you only get an ooh from typhoo or did I mean I'm loving it?

Anyways, I've lost a bit of ground clearance maybe due to refitting a sort of shield type thing where the zorst meets the 2nd cat. I get a minor scraping over speed humps and can now not get up the ramps in multi-story car-parks.

What do you all do with your cars? Park them in flat car-parks or what?

Also, I still have both cats in and it is very loud. Don't you all find decatted cars to be unbearably loud?

Still, very happy with it though especially if I leave it in a 1st or 2nd, boot it and then let it run down. The booming and popping is a joy to hear.

The day I park my car in a multi story car park is the day I will be jumping off the top floor. :D

I take it you don't venture into the Churchill 2 car park then?

My Supra is my daily driver so parking is an issue for me but I shall flat-park it in future.

I take it you don't venture into the Churchill 2 car park then?

My Supra is my daily driver so parking is an issue for me but I shall flat-park it in future.

I assume you mean the bluewater meet ? I have not been yet, no.

It not so much the driving into the car park as I can clear the humps and nothing hits. I cannot leave the car there unattended really for obvious reasons. The bluewater meet would be different as I would be with the car.

Our NUR-R looks like it hangs VEEEEERY low, but, have NEVER had a scrape

on any speed bump or in the M.S.C.P. (Chelmsford) ?!?!?

Only standard suspension though - not lowered.

Still have both cats (for NOW ;) ) and, YES, very loud a sit is.

I want BOTH cats out eventually (but, Carole has reservations.... she

thinks it's well loud enough as it is..... there ARE times when even as it is

i cringe - - early morning Cold Starts / trying to creep home at gone

midnight :( )

BUT, i just don't seem to be able to dislodge any tiles in Dartford Tunnel

as it is ! ! ! :(

Martin be very careful if you are scraping your Ti exhaust. The titanium tubing used on exhausts has a very thin wall section and can crack easily if hit.

I have had to have mine welded twice now due to cracking after bottoming on speed humps. Last time I had mine repaired I got a skid plate welded on the lowest part of the exhaust to prevent to future damage.

Martin be very careful if you are scraping your Ti exhaust. The titanium tubing used on exhausts has a very thin wall section and can crack easily if hit.

As in my first post about this, my mechanic refitted a sort of skid plate type thing from the old system. It is this that catches.

TBH, fitting the Ti was a mare. We removed the rear towing bracket to fit the supplied zorst bracket. The cat end of the system slotted in just fine but just have to assume that the mid section hangs free due to it's light weight.

Would have been nice if Greddy could supply fitting instructions.:blink:

Martin are you on standard suspension still, if you are I would have thought the exhaust should be a bit higher off the ground ?

:innocent: :search:

I am on standard suspension but I don't think the zorst is scraping, it's a little sheild thing that my mechanic fitted from the old stock system.