The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Decatting soon,any advice

AntD

Hi

Having a complete basic decat done soonish.Will have full service including all oil changes beforehand.Any advice as to what further upgrades are necessary?I've had some HKS plugs fitted,but can't remember which ones,doh:blink: I'm only having the cats removed and decat pipes fitted.Already have a Greddy Titanium catback exhaust.

Thanx mate,however,I thought a boost controller would only be a necessity for the Jspec.

Wrong way round mate.

A jspec doesn’t need a boost controller since the wastegate is tiny and therefore allows it to over boost. It needs a restriction in the exhaust top bring the boost down to a reasonable level. A boost controller can only increase boost, not decrease it hence it is not required for a jspec to go 'BPU'

A UK Spec has a larger wastegate which can better control the boost. As such , when decatting the boost will not run-away like the Jspec. A boost controller is required to keep the wastegate closed to allow higher boost levels.

This subject has been done to death. See the FAQ's for more info

Have you bought the decat pipe yet? if not i highly recommend the Megan Downpipe :) I got mine for £60 off Ebay from 2fast2cool and it was brilliant.

3.1" diamater IIRC and very straight....

They're okay, but with the new MOT's they require full replacement to properly pass an MOT or roadside test. Best off getting a 2-piece so you have the option of using a cat (or sports cat in future)

seeing as you a UK spec, you will need a Boost controller + FCD to start with, walbro fuel pump if your stock pump is on its way out and a decent intercooler, if its in anyway knackred change it, I would fit a boost and EGT gauge as well

The UK pumps flow more (260l/hr vs 255l/hr) and are silent, compared to the noisy Walbro pumps. If you do replace the fuel pump, I'd replace with a new OEM pump personally.

Give me a shout if you want prices.

The UK pumps flow more (260l/hr vs 255l/hr) and are silent, compared to the noisy Walbro pumps. If you do replace the fuel pump, I'd replace with a new OEM pump personally.

Give me a shout if you want prices.

Really, I never knew that ;) thanks nic....I still manage to learn something new on here everyday :p

Ok then as nic said......I may even do this when mine goes under the knife shortly

BTW Welcome Lee. Nice to see you paid up after years dodging the sign up fee :D Why didn't you just enable your original account(s) though?

:D Well i only paid up to advertise my aristo ;) But seeing as im starting a huge supra project which will undoubtable end up in a magazine or too in the future i guess its best to base myself somewhere now that i've turned away from Toyota Owners Club ;)

btw i forgot the password for my original account lol so i thought stuff it and started a new one :)

Hows the car going? :)

If anyone wants price for a UK spec fuel pump give me a shout as I can get them at a very good price. They are more than a Walbro pump, but flow more fuel and are silent.

If there is enough interest I could even organise a group buy.