The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Alloy Wheels Repairs - Recommendation

michael

I decided to have my TTE / Lexus wheels refurbed recently, took them to a chap that had been recommended to me on Monday afternoon and they were ready for collection on Wednesday. He's done a really nice job on them, diamond cut finish, new paint, 8 coats of clear, valves, remove and refit tyres and all for £45 a wheel.

They aren't back on the car yet and I haven't had chance to take any pics of them but I'll add some to the thread when I do.

Details:

Tony Bickerstaffe

Alloy Wheel Repairs

Wakefield: 01924 259932

He can do wheel repairs and refurbs, nice chap too.

• 1 year later...
Would you still recomend him, how did the wheels fair up over time?

They still look as good as they did when I collected them in my opinion, a slight mark on one but that was my fault :)

a good thread to bring back, shows what good workmanship and service should be like :D

Agreed, there are a lot of cowboys in the alloy wheel repair trade, it's refreshing to find someone who takes pride in their work.

I need to get my TTE alloys refurbed, but I noticed the TTE center caps stand out alot more - they match pretty well on mine as they are now, and Im worried a refurb may result in them sticking out like a sore thumb (wonder if the lacquer had a tint?).

There is a slight difference between the caps and the wheel, the cap isn't machined quite as deeply as the wheels and there isn't as much clear on them, it shows in the pictures more than it does to the naked eye though.

Bear in mind that it's a flat cap being photographed against a concave rear wheel too :)

Unless you mean the cap sits proud of the surface? In which case it's because it wasn't fastened in place, just rested there.

Crikey I sound all defensive :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Does anyone know if this chap in Wakefield is still in business doing the Alloy repairs as I've a set of GS300's that I'd like doing soon. Unless anyone can recommend anyone else nearer to Derby?

ditto to above. I am just buying the last set of painted new ones and want them made into the lil minters with the diamond cut/anthracite..Does the guy do a collect/return service?

Knightrider

ditto to above. I am just buying the last set of painted new ones and want them made into the lil minters with the diamond cut/anthracite..Does the guy do a collect/return service?

Knightrider

Spoke to him nearly a year ago now and he is a very nice chap, old school engineering and was a joy to chat with and listen to his knowledge. Knightrider please phone him before you buy a second hand set of Lexus wheels, especially if they have been painted.