The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A-T or TT

Yankee Ruin X

Hi I know this has been asked a million times but what do you guys think the best option is for me. I have an N/A and I absolulety love my car its in mint condition and everything is just how I want it for now but I crave more power. If I was to sell my N/A and get a TT then I would want it to look more or less the same as my N/A. So what would be the better option for me, sell and get a TT that looks the same as mine which is not proving as easy as I thought especially a manual or keep mine and get a turbo conversion. I was going to sell and get a TT but the dramatic drop in N/A prices has worried me and I think I would only get about £5000 for mine if I was lucky at the minute, with how prices for N/A's are which I really don't want to sell it for so low :(

If I go for the turbo conversion how much am I looking at roughly cause I'm sure I read someone on here had one done for £4000ish and he's got 450bhp with it which would be awesome if true. Thanks for your time :D

If you are buying a Supra for the first time I cannot see how NA-T can be justified. The conversion to the same power as a stock/slightly modded TT will cost at least £3K, further mods will cost enormous money as you need to replace almost all other drivetrain/ecu components. That is unless you bought a very late model NA (which will cost more than an older TT anyway, so not exatly cost effective.)

Bottom line is, if you are going for 400 flywheel and are likely to want to modify more then just buy a TT in the 1st place.

If you have no money now, but money to burn in future then buy an NA.

I cant see anywhere someone saying they are buying a N/A. Only people that have already got one and now do not really want to sell due to them getting it to their personal taste.

Why I do understand what you are saying though it doesnt really have much relivance to Yankee Ruin X's post.

Lubas, will PM you later today. Just got in from work so gonna get some Zs :)