The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Supra Going Full On Veilside

Tattooman

My Supra is gonna be going through the transformation of a full Veilside C1 body kit:) . I know it isn't everyones ideal modification (Particularly the rear Boot Spoiler) :( I personally love them and can't wait to get it all sorted and enjoy a few more car shows over the summer:D . I will be posting up some piccies of her real soon and I've also gotta get that cheque in the post for my club membership too...:D :d

yeah go for it!

ignore the haters. The full kit can look really nice when all done properly, especially with the overfenders and rear bumper...

some people will love the stock look (for me it is a bit plain), some people will love a custom kit of random parts, some people will love the full veilside - everyone is different but if it is done well, they can all look great

How jolly 90's ;)

What can I say, I'm stuck in the past. :)

I've been considering changing back to stock for a while though TBH, kit's been on there over 5 years now.

If it's done right it will look great, but a cheap Ebay copy bodged on won't do the car any favours at all. The colour makes a big difference too.

It's a pain to live with. The front bumper is prone to stonechips (fibreglass), you have to be very careful of kerbs and speedhumps. You probably won't be able to jack the car up using the factory jack unless you drive onto a brick, and I'm pretty sure you loose the front towing eye although that might only be with an FMIC, not sure. The whole kit is a sod to fit properly, I've got a genuine one and that's not much better than *some* of the copies out there, if at all. The sideskirts take some work so they don't catch on the doors, the rear spats are prone to collecting water and the front bumper needs some work so you don't have gaps around the inside of the headlights. I found some stick on plastic (the stuff you use for protecting bike paintwork) put onto the inside of the rear spats, and the inside front of the sideskirts stop stone chips. The rear spoiler is well OTT IMO, and you can't see out the back with it on which is why I didn't get one.

I still think it looks good, but in the last couple of years I've gone off bodykits in a big way. The fit is always a compromise.

Go with what you like mate, I've got a C1 kit on mine (standard rear spoiler though), an I still like the look of it. On another note though, what does the Veilside rear bumper look like ?, i've got the spats, but think my bumper may be standard. :blink: . Pics anyone ?.

Go with what you like mate, I've got a C1 kit on mine (standard rear spoiler though), an I still like the look of it. On another note though, what does the Veilside rear bumper look like ?, i've got the spats, but think my bumper may be standard. :blink: . Pics anyone ?.

Gotta love the Veilside kit - it is a shame that Saxo's and Corsa's etc etc have stolen the kit but it still looks trick as anything on a Supra. You have to get the rear bumper and arches to be different from everyone else (but not me) as not many people have them - I have the light brows from the C2 kit for free if your interested?

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=75104

For a pic of the rear bumper check my garage out

Go for it, I have a Veilside Spoiler on mine and think it looks great,

Always attracts massive attention,

So we are all Veilside lovers this week ...???

Last week it was rip my car to peices with its Veilside on ....

Yep ignore the haters mate,

People will drool over your Supe with its Veilside on,

Petrol stations and Supermarket carparks when you are in a rush are the nrmal with people asking loads of questions and interest in the car,

I got stuck outside the cinema after taknig my lad to see the new 2f2f movies

All the kids wanted their photo taken with the car...

God you are only young once .... enjoy it ...

some dont look right without the veilside spoiler, id have no other for my car at the moment

Maybe dated in some peoples opinion, But the Supra is what started that look off,

If you ask anyone who's not really into a Supras

Most assume / or think they should or always had the Veilside on

To the un educated most people think that is the standard Turbo look

funny i think

People will drool over your Supe with its Veilside on,

Petrol stations and Supermarket carparks when you are in a rush are the nrmal with people asking loads of questions and interest in the car,

I got stuck outside the cinema after taknig my lad to see the new 2f2f movies

All the kids wanted their photo taken with the car...

God you are only young once .... enjoy it ...

I do agree, my mate has a veilside supra and the kids swarm the damn thing!