The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Does your supe still scare ya ?

bignum

Well mine did tonight, ive had a new van for work(transit connect) which goes well for a van, so ive been using that for the last couple of weeks to run it in and decided to go out in the supe tonight, bloody hell it felt alive, kept checking the boost gauge to see if it was going too high.

So all you guys that think your cars feeling a bit flat or keep wanting more power, have a couple of weeks in something normal then get back in your beast and appreciate the power.

Well yes mine does wake me up occasionally, but I actually find my MR2 worse for this. It's quite highly modified, and with the RWD and weight in the middle, occasionally it REALLY wakes me up ! And you're right, as i don't drive it that often, it takes some getting used to once I go for a spirited drive ;)

Yeah mine scares the crap out of me every time it goes in to have something done to it! My wallet on the other hand is petrified of the supra:Pling:

On a serious note, I dont remember ever being scared by it, but then it all depends on your veiw point. If the back goes out, way out, im not scared in that because I know there is a lot of metal around me to protect me. Never felt so safe in any other car. :)

Yeah mine scares the crap out of me every time it goes in to have something done to it! My wallet on the other hand is petrified of the supra:Pling:

On a serious note, I dont remember ever being scared by it, but then it all depends on your veiw point. If the back goes out, way out, im not scared in that because I know there is a lot of metal around me to protect me. Never felt so safe in any other car. :)

so youve never come back from a blat down a swisty b road and got out of the car with the shakes, your not driving spirited enough then ;)

Yeah mine scares the crap out of me every time something is done to it! My wallet on the other hand is petrified of the supra:Pling:

Barsteward I was going to say that.:p . Your lucky you still have a wallet ..Mine ran off and left me lol

Ive been driving my Supra each and every day now for 3,5 years...and you could say i pretty much know what the car can and cant do...so, no i doesnt scar me! :D BUT...i must admit i always give the car the respect you would normally give any high-hp rwd car ;)

I'm so used to the acceleration now that it's not scary anymore.

I take it easy on the bends and I'm careful of the back end stepping out.

The sound of the car when driving in an enclosed space with high buildings on each side is more satisfying than anything else . :)