The mkiv Supra Owners Club

replaced faulty toyota head unit with Panasonic - No bass

Polemarch

My toyota head unit in my GZ was broken and has been replaced with a Panasonic head unit, presumably with an ISO adapter. It works fine though the boot mounted sub now no longer works. The sound is really tinny though and I'm not impressed.

Is this down to the CD tuner, speakers, lack of sub in boot or what? I don't want to throw lots of money at this, just want a half decent sound system

Right now I have to turn the bass up to max just to hear anything.

I'm guessing that the new head unit has been wired in with the ISO adapter harness and is now bypassing the stock amp which of course the stock GZ sub will have run off.

If it is the stock sub you're talking about its well worth considering a replacement as its pretty useless anyway.

Well, I ended up shelling out for a slimline sub with a built in amp but thats because I didn't want to lose my boot space (removeable roof goes there)

I got this one and really like it

But I think a few have gone for a kenwood - check the ICE section on this forum or do a search ;)

Otherwise just find a good amp+sub combo and stick it in!