The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hi New Member

Guest Alan Partridge

Guest Alan Partridge

Well hello

I'm Lee from York and I have a V8 Soarer, met a few of you at a Squires Cafe meet last month.

Anyway just came on to say hello and also to say i'm on the lookout for some standard suspension (springs & dampers), but I'm tight so looking to pay as little as possible. So if anybody has upgraded their standard gear and is looking for a home for their OE stuff (assuming it isn't shagged) then i may be interested.:sly:

Gonna have a wonder about this place now

Here's a pic or 2 of my chariot, assuming they come out

Cheers

Welcome to the club Lee.

I have a brand new set of Bilstein dampers available. See details here:

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=74771

These are OEM dampers made by Bilstein for Toyota, these were an optional performance upgrade for the Supra and were fitted as standard on some of the later models. One of the best dampers available for the Supra.

Jurassic Park!

I think we chatted at Squires in June, nice to see you on the forum :)

I've got a pair of front KYBs (normal ones) and rear Bilsteins that I took off the car recently, I also have some standard Supra springs in the garage somewhere, it's all UK stuff though so slightly softer that some of the Japanese kit. Replaced for fun rather than due to wear, they have a few miles on them though.

I'd like £80,000 for them, in reality I'd swap them for 4 cans of lager :)

Guest Alan Partridge

Nic, thanks but that is way more than I wanted to spend dude

I have no idea what second hand gear is worth, but I'm not looking at spending much guys

Back of the net!

Guest Alan Partridge

Michael, they will probably do the job nicely as the JDM stuff is a bit stiffer and others who have bolted on the supra stuff have commented the ride is a little harsher.

So how much do ya want dude?

Guest Alan Partridge

that sounds like my kind of deal!

what's your poison?

You're not shitting me are you?

yes that is my car next to yours, don't wanna throw those alloys in do you? hehe

You can't go wrong with Stella and Galaxy :)

Not jesting, just need some space in the garage, sadly the alloys can't be included, they are in getting a refurb at the moment so I'm hoping they will be looking pretty again.

Where abouts do you live?

Guest Alan Partridge

I'm in York mate

Wow, what a deal!

No massive hurry so can arrange a convenient time to meet up, or are you going to squires in August?

I'm also most likely going to JAE on the Saturday, 22nd I think it is

cheers

really appreciate it!

I'm in York mate

I'm in south Leeds so not too far away, I can always blast up the M1 / A64 and meet you somewhere convenient.

Wow, what a deal!

You've caught me in a rare good mood ;)

No massive hurry so can arrange a convenient time to meet up, or are you going to squires in August?

I'll be at Squires but before then is fine with me, I don't have much on at the moment.

It looks as though I might not be there or Sunday only at present so we can sort something out before then if it helps you out.

I'm in York mate

Wow, what a deal!

cheers

really appreciate it!

Hi mate I think I passed you on that tuesday night of squires meet.

I was in a white suprawith a bomex front end going through sherburn that night?

Dan!.............Dan!..............Dan!...............Dan!...................Dan!.................Dan!................Dan!................Dan!...................Dan!.................Dan!...............Dan!................Ah he's not heard me i'll get him later....................Daaaaaan!

Dan!.............Dan!..............Dan!...............Dan!...................Dan!.................Dan!................Dan!................Dan!...................Dan!.................Dan!...............Dan!................Ah he's not heard me i'll get him later....................Daaaaaan!

damn i was gonna say that!

We've got so much chat, I'm going to have to get my ice pick out and scale the north face of Chat-mandu!

Welcome! :)

Guest Alan Partridge
Hi mate I think I passed you on that tuesday night of squires meet.

I was in a white suprawith a bomex front end going through sherburn that night?

hi mate, yes I remember seeing the beast:)

Michael, can you think of anywhere convenient to meet on the A64, some time on Saturday perhaps?

cheers

lee