The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Time to sell, how much roughly?

Supra_Nish

Sorry for another one of these.

Time to sell the supe soon, thought i'd get a rough idea of asking price from the best source.

Basic stats:

94 GZ (no leather seats for some unknown reason, but full cruise etc)

70k (miles)

Hybrid Stage 3 Turbos (Miami-GT)

CW Full decat. (2 pipes for MOT ease)

Blitz Nur Spec R

Boost and EGT gauges

Walbro Fuel Pump

Blitz air filter (stock box available)

Blitz Dump Valve

Alpine MP3 headunit

Spoiler available if required.

UK headlights

UK bonnet (full under bonnet venting) Can change to jap if preferred.

19" Mania racing wheels

2 new rear michelin pilot sports on rear

Think thats most of it.

Pics:

older pic with spoiler (and stickers, removed!):

Guestimats?

I think at least £8.5K-£9K the tubbies and wheels alone would add on a considerable amount of value....

See that may be my warped approach. I see hybrids as the thing that people do when their stockers have blown (although I am no saying this is the case here) I would rather buy a car with stock tubbie.

my 2p

Time to sell the supe soon, thought i'd get a rough idea of asking price from the best source.

Blyme, it's like rats leaving a sinking ship :shock:

So what's suddenly around thats tempting you guys away from Supras? Maybe you could let me in on the secret ;)

As for price, I cant tell you what I think it'll make on a K plate, you'll :cry:

Cheers for the replies guys.

Previous owner had a private plate, DVLA put it on a "K" for some reason when changed back, VIN number etc all shows a 94 car.

Know all about the saturated market etc, I reckon about 8k is a good figure to put it up at.

No real rush to sell.

Geoff, planning a 911 next - just time to see what all the fuss is about with ze german automobiles.

nice example there and good luck with the sale. i personally like the silver with the uk bonnet and without the spoiler.

what suspension setup is it as it looks about the height i would like mine to be at?

Its on eibach springs (forgot to mention).

Sits exactly on the 19s, no rubbing.

Its a nice example I would put her up for 9K if I were you...

Dont allow yourself to be low balled either

:)

WHAT?

Come on, a silver 60k miles aerotop goes for 9k, I know we don't want to deflate prices but that's just silly. It will never go for 9k

j-spec brakes? (looks like it - they are dwarfed by the HUUUUGE wheels)

I don't think you will have much trouble selling mate. Might want to see if you can get an L/M plate on it though, would make it more desirable.

yep jap brakes. Sorry for the lack of detail, just a quick price checking post. Appreciate the replies though!

Good point on the plate thing, I'll look into it. Though to be honest most people assume its some kind of private plate as they dont believe the age (though thats prob the case with most supes).

Hybrids, decat and fuel pump were put on when i had some big plans for the car.

At present its running at 1.0 bar with the use of a restrictor ring. Basically, a good platform to extract more power (injectors, IC etc) or just awesome reliability IMO.

yep jap brakes. Sorry for the lack of detail, just a quick price checking post. Appreciate the replies though!

Good point on the plate thing, I'll look into it. Though to be honest most people assume its some kind of private plate as they dont believe the age (though thats prob the case with most supes).

Hybrids, decat and fuel pump were put on when i had some big plans for the car.

At present its running at 1.0 bar with the use of a restrictor ring. Basically, a good platform to extract more power (injectors, IC etc) or just awesome reliability IMO.

Well all the best with the sale mate. It's a nice looking example and hopefully you will get what you want for her.

Lewis

Lets not argue people.

We all know the "its only worth what eople will pay etc".

I'll price it according to how quickly i want it to sell.

If i find the right porka then away she goes else she stays.

Again, thanks for the replies guys.

Apologies, I didn't mean it to sound as argumentative as it did. I was shocked that's all.

Like you say, it's worth what someone will pay.

Previous owner had a private plate, DVLA put it on a "K" for some reason when changed back, VIN number etc all shows a 94 car.

Geoff, planning a 911 next - just time to see what all the fuss is about with ze german automobiles.

Maybe a cheap "personal plate for £100 or so would look better than the K plate?

911 eh :) Sounds like fun!

Not necessarily my cup of tea, but I'm very much anything but ordinary :D

(Not that I'm saying that 911s are ordinary, just a few of them around.)

I'm sure you'll enjoy it ;)

Good luck with the sale