The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How do i remove....

Stonkin

......the facelight indicators on the sides of the front bumper. Looks as though the whole wheel arch lining has to come off. I want to get them sprayed black. Surely if i was just replacing a bulb in them, do you really have to remove the whole lining?

Also, once they are sprayed black, will they still shine through as orange when on?

Thankyou

I had no problem changing the side indicators on my NA facelift- just needed a hand in the hole below the front indicators and a quick fiddle around from there. Admittedly on the right hand side that might be a problem with a SMIC.

A new sprayshop i found called BodyTone in Wokingham, he's doing the rear lights, side reflectors and side indicators. I found them when i had my rear arches shaved after getting the new wheels. A very nice genuine guy, that appreciates and looks after a good car when it comes in.

I fell out with a place i have used for years after everytime i went there recently for things a 'little out of the norm' i got questioned why i wanted it! FFS, its my car and i'm paying the bloody bill!

That's a pain just to replace a bulb. I always assumed they just pulled off.

Nope, they're bolted.

I still haven't replaced mine with the clears I got months ago because the one behind the SMIC is a PITA to get to. :(