The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Did they make an original single-turbo supra (1994)?

Guest ts1994

Guest ts1994

I've seen a listing for a used 1994 Supra. I asked the owner if it was a turbo or non-turbo. They said it was a single turbo. I asked if they had converted it to a single and they told me it was an "original single turbo". I wasn't aware they made a single turbo version of the 93-98's?

Is this real or is this guy full of crap?

Guest ts1994

I thought so. I was beginning to think it was a scam. Did they make any single turbo MKIV's? I thought they were all non-turbo or twin. I suppose the owner could have bought it after someone else converted it to single and just not be a 'supra person' who researches their car and performs upgrades.

How can I tell from the VIN if it has the good engine that the turbo cars have? In case someone took a non-turbo and put a single turbo kit on it.

Thanks for the info and welcome.

Guest ts1994
There's also the possibility that its actually twin turbo, but the owner just can't tell a turbo from an o-ring.

A single is clearly visible in the attached pic.

94supraengine.jpg

Looks like a MKIV to me, but I'm a supra n00b.

94supra.jpg

Check under the bonnet - if theres only one (big) turbo, tell him you'll take it at a cut down price as its missing one ;)

I'll have to try that next time I see one with a single 700+hp setup for sale!

Thanks for the help guys.

Guest ts1994

Yea, thought the same about the engine bay. The car is out of state and I think its a scam. If I can physically go look at the car myself, then I'll get more serious. Thanks for the help everyone.