The mkiv Supra Owners Club

237mph road legal supra

mr lover

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely like the idea of a club buy:)

I love the statement at the end of his advert:-

The MKIV Supra is fast becoming one of the most collectible late model sports cars of our time, due to its rarity and excellent performance nature. Get one now while its obtainable and available

Thats gotta help keep the value of our cars up:)

Definitely like the idea of a club buy:)

I love the statement at the end of his advert:-

The MKIV Supra is fast becoming one of the most collectible late model sports cars of our time, due to its rarity and excellent performance nature. Get one now while its obtainable and available

Thats gotta help keep the value of our cars up:)

Yep a future classic,

Apparanty in the States they can't get enough of the TT and they are being imported in, figures of 80 - 90.000 dollars are being quoted

why do we haveto believe what he says anyway, that car with that tiny exhaust cant make it to even 170MPH IMO

didnt look the way a car as fast as what he says should look, I dont believe that , sorry guys but I dont

What a load of rubbish.

264 cams & T88 to make 1250hp? I don't think so...

And theres no proof he's done that speed is there? He's just using the maximum theoretical speed he could get out the car.

Gaz.

cams and turbos dont sound like 1250bhp. (the even figure even raises questions)

237mph is not a problem to a UK or USA spec diffed car with an approx 8.5K rev limit. Its been done many times (even by memebers of this forum), just a pity so many owners are hung up on 1/4 mile they will never know. Wind resistance and supras is not a problem.

Hmmm ....True = GPS in my book but i could be wrong;)

Tommy Bahn Managed 201mph On a massive spec a couple of months back And he had a major problem with wind. His spec was also very large indeed 3.4 , Gt47 yadda yadda So 237 on this spec I have a hard time swallowing never mind a stock car with raised limmit ;) Where are all these 200+ boys hidding then :D

Dimitri is one. I have hit 200mph, (on the blitz power meter, ignoring the speedo). In the UK that sort of speed always gets slated, but they again most are scared to try!

Now comes the usless debate on how inaccurate every measuring system is and in "theory" supras can only do 175mph lmao.

The power meter takes it's reading from the same place the speedo does, so how confident are you in it's reading ? I know all to well that on paper its possible, But I also know that theory and reality can often be 2 different things. Racelogic do a wonderful box thats well acurate ;)

Porsche reckon there GT3 does 193mph, so do some road tests. Think about it, power vs top speed. couple of hundred more horses and rasied rev limit on a supra can work wonders.

Even on gearing, mph x rpm, your in that area for sure. Then again we cant trust the rev counters or limiters for that matter, so its V box next time I guess??