The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What should my first mod(s) be??

Jim_1979

I just got my first TT Auto Supra on Thursday and it is totally stock!!!

The only thing non standard about it is a part of the dash that's been painted silver!!... lol.

I used to own a Mr2 turbo and went to town on that... but with the Supra, I don't know where to start. Not too fussed at the moment about the looks side of things as I think the stock Supra (maybe not the wheels), looks good as is.

So.... what should I be looking at first???

As michael says FULL service done first.

Go BPU

Double de-cat and good exhaust, new SMIC either Miami one or CW (neither i belive have been tested properly one is £300 and other is £600), Plugs, boost guage, FCD, uprated fuel pump, new suspension setup

there you go nearly £3k spent already

You'll need an FCD if you go for 1.2 bar (as most rings are set to) and ideally you'd want to do the fuel pump as well - the boost controller isn't required at this stage but it's nice to have.

Power will be getting close to something like 380bhp fly (depending on which dyno you use ;)) probably.

With a double decat, exhaust, restrictor ring ... is it necessary for a boost controller/FCD/fuel pump?

Also what sort of power increase should be expected from that?

maybe not the boost controller but it helps to maintain 1 bar which is fine or added to your list will be a new set of tubbiesas you will burn them out quicker. you will need the fcd as if you dont it will cut out the moment the engine goes over 1 bar and fuel pump enables a healthy fuel supply under bpu

with bpu appx maybe 40 bhp gain if done correctly

I just got my first TT Auto Supra on Thursday and it is totally stock!!!

The only thing non standard about it is a part of the dash that's been painted silver!!... lol.

I used to own a Mr2 turbo and went to town on that... but with the Supra, I don't know where to start. Not too fussed at the moment about the looks side of things as I think the stock Supra (maybe not the wheels), looks good as is.

So.... what should I be looking at first???

a good service so you know its right ;)

With a double decat, exhaust, restrictor ring ... is it necessary for a boost controller/FCD/fuel pump?

Also what sort of power increase should be expected from that?

if its a jap car yo don't need the boost controller. You also need to add plugs to that list.

But as Michael says, you need to get the basic stuff checked or done first. FULL service (inc fuel filter) and full inspections of IC, brakes, etc. It's essential to have the car running perfect before going BPU, otherwise you will face problems down the line...

If the IC is in great condition and the engine running well you should see 400bhp at the flywheel (+100bhp over stock).

That looks like only the 1st decat pipe. Be careful when buying off ebay, the UK and jspec have different flanges on the 1st decat pipe, many sellers don't know this.

I recommend Chris Wilson pipes (many of us here use them), they're very high quality and fit perfectly. Mine have been on for 2 years (32k miles) and still look like new.

Pic of the 2x Chris Wilson pipes (Ignore the red circle, that was for another thread):

Sensor fitting.jpg

That looks like only the 1st decat pipe. Be careful when buying off ebay, the UK and jspec have different flanges on the 1st decat pipe, many sellers don't know this.

I recommend Chris Wilson pipes (many of us here use them), they're very high quality and fit perfectly. Mine have been on for 2 years (32k miles) and still look like new.

Pic of the 2x Chris Wilson pipes (Ignore the red circle, that was for another thread):

got a web address/price/contact info mate?

First mod, always brakes. Always always always. If it's J-spec, upgrade them to UK, as you'll soon get to the point where the ability to go far outstrips the ability to stop. If it's UK spec, then the brakes are better and the point at which you'll outstrip their stopping ability is further along, but I'd still go for some better pads.

Then maybe suspension (a few people have said it's the best mod they've made to their car)

Then increase engine performance.

Maybe boring way of doing things I know, but it's the "right way" in my book.

Chris Wilson will be able to supply pads and suspension, nic (import pimp) will be able to supply UK brakes.

That should reduce the wad of cash in your pocket. I'd then look at the things the guys have mentioned on here. Exhausts, boost controllers etc. etc.

Best of luck!