The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Im a nervous man.... transforming my Supe!

Sub_Culture

I really hope Im doing the right thing!....

Decided my Supra looks far too bland and boring on the sides, and just isn't getting the attention at shows. So, Ive found a guy in Dartford that does custom graphics and so am getting a custom five layer vinyl put on next weekend.

Probably far too chavtastic for most of you, but it should really brighten it up a bit. And when I come to sell the car, it should all be easily removable.

So far, it will have a custom urban rip/graffitti design, different on each side with a black base, red camoflauge over the top, then 'Sub Culture' in gunmetal lettering over the top of that, followed by some more black graffitti markings. The pictures look great, in my opinion of course (!), but Ive never done something this drastic before, so I guess it's only normal to feel a little nervous.

it's getting done next weekend, so should have some pictures by Monday/Tuesday after that with a bit of luck.

Andy

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, thanks, guys. Okay, try not to get lost in the detail (or the lack of it!) but here is one side.

It will only be the main piece, not the bit on the roof or the bonnet. Gives you an idea how one side will look, although my car looks a little different to how it did in this old pic!.... What do you think? Would love a couple of opinions, even if they are 'grow up, you chavver!'

Andy

being honest.... it could maybe be improved slightly

Firstly the jagged edges, you can get a certain shading style, where it does 3 different shades of grey at slight different angles to give a good 3d effect. Are you going to have that type of effect on the edges? Not sure on your name down the side though.

No, thats fine, mate, I need honesty!!

3D effect, thats cool, I didnt think of that. Was going to put Sub Culture as thats the name of the company Im setting up to do custom bodywork. Do you think its a bit overkill on the side as well as on the windows?

Andy

Was going to put Sub Culture as thats the name of the company Im setting up to do custom bodywork. Do you think its a bit overkill on the side as well as on the windows?

Andy

definatly OTT then mate. You want to set the right image for your company.

Im guessing company is going to be regarding one off modding (your good at it :D) so i would go for not quite a copy cat of a race car look but your own version and i dont mean the good old castrol look.

I mean if you look at the porsche cup and british championships that type of look. The vinyl needs to match your car really and you've done a sleek smooth car :)

Hmm, put a pic on another site I go on, and they dont like them either. Crap! Need a complete rethink and QUICK! Anyone got any other ideas of other designs or how I could improve this one? Would losing the Sub Culture help? Thank your son BTW, great website, some really cool lettering.

Andy

Wow, thanks, guys. Okay, try not to get lost in the detail (or the lack of it!) but here is one side.

It will only be the main piece, not the bit on the roof or the bonnet. Gives you an idea how one side will look, although my car looks a little different to how it did in this old pic!.... What do you think? Would love a couple of opinions, even if they are 'grow up, you chavver!'

Andy

[qimg]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v738/Sub_Culture/Copyofsubculture_design_8.gif[/qimg]

Not chav

Just JDM

Got graphics on mine and Veilside spoiler

Not to everyones taste, but as the car gets featured in stuff , that look is required, I also do advertising on it for a friends Import website,

Theres more to life that just a bare Supe ,

Just depends what you are involved in,

But be assured if you were at a show your car will get photo'd

Lui's Supe is popping up in every mag at the moment ... good luck to him

I want to put pictures of the whole car up, but Photobucket wont take a pdf I have. Yeah, Im sure it would get photographed and attention, but I want the RIGHT kind of attention!

Andy

Trust me you'll get it,

@ Japfest my friends RX7 see attached have 9x offers of Mag features and its not finished yet

Kirk RX7.jpg

Thanks. It's a nice looking Rex. nearly as nice as the one I built last year!...

:->

Andy

It is awesome in the flesh,

You'll see it at JAE

Only stands him £8000 that was buying the car and transforming it

Bought as a red Auto on ebay for £2k

Man conversion, new engine + upgrades big BHP

Full refurb and respray looks superb

You couldn't by a decent standard one for that money espaecially with the new engine and box fitted,

Never thought of orange before but looks amazing

Just like Gamers Supra ... the orange is amazing

Seems to be working fine anyone else see it ?

Have you got any better quality side profile pictures of your supra ?

I like to have a play in paint shop and could have a crack if you like, why don't you ask for photoshop people to design you some vinyl, there are some talented people on the site.