The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra in my sights!.....

Guest scotty2

Guest scotty2

Hi all, i am currently looking at a supra and found one that i think i might buy today.......... the only thing is it needs a bit of paintwork and i cant get a quote on a sunday, and need to lay my deposit on it............

can anyone give me a rough price to do the following to a good standard.....

1)all four arches have slight rust (bubbling), so need the rust removed and sprayed over ( not sure if both whole sides need doing so it all blends in?). i think this is because the arches have been roled an water has been trapped over the years. (see below)

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y135/dbr/DSCN1715.jpg

this arch is the worst of the four.

2)the front bumper needs a complete spray.

and one or two small scratces that need a bit of a blow over..

if you have any ideas how much this would cost it would be a great help to me so that i can decide if i will lay a deposit on this car or not.

thanks

Hi all, i am currently looking at a supra and found one that i think i might buy today... and need to lay my deposit on it............

You obviously love Supras in a special way:)

Oh, and Hello and welcome O fixer of warp drives type one:d

I'd imagine the fare price for a clean job would cost £300, if lucky though as these days body work cost alot in some garages

+ I managed to spray my bodykit for £200 3 years ago , but that might cost alot more now :)

Guest scotty2

hi guys cheers for the reply, i have already looked at about 8 supras and this one is exactly what im after even if it does need a bit of paint work:) ...... it is a also a bit cheapar than the others to account for the work that needs doin.......

£300....thats a great price!?, i thought it would coast me closer to £600 has anybody else got any thougts on a rough price.............

help much appreciated

thanks

If it has a good engine and the only neg points about it are the body bits then get it mate, I think having a good engine is always a better thing than having a pefect paint work , at least for start, then when you got the car in hand save for the spray job.

good luck anyway.

check the under chasis of the car,

and yes, i think everyone would prefer the engine to be sound, as expensive things can happen,lol

your propbably get a few chavs bump and scrape your paintwork anyway, everyone seems to experience that, including myself.

Guest Garfy

If it's rusty on top then it will be rusty underneath, walk away mate, it must have had some sort of repair to have rusty bodywork, or spent some of it's life in the sea.