The mkiv Supra Owners Club

rear bumper spraying

mathew

i picked up my 'it-hought-it-was-gunmetal-but-found-out-its-quicksilver' supe a couple of weeks back and have finally convinced myself that the rear bumper is a different silver. i was going to get some rear spats (veilside i think) along with sideskirts in a couple of months so will be getting the entire bumper sprayed quicksilver then. as i wasnt planning on this i have no idea of the cost. how much could i be expecting to pay for a complete bumper respray?

i picked up my 'it-hought-it-was-gunmetal-but-found-out-its-quicksilver' supe a couple of weeks back and have finally convinced myself that the rear bumper is a different silver. i was going to get some rear spats (veilside i think) along with sideskirts in a couple of months so will be getting the entire bumper sprayed quicksilver then. as i wasnt planning on this i have no idea of the cost. how much could i be expecting to pay for a complete bumper respray?

almost all rear and/or front bumpers are different on the silver (and most other colour) supra's. They were sprayed on a line and not on the vehicle meaning differing shades.

Unless your bumper is blue and your car white, I wouldn't worry about it.

Any pics?

hi , seems to be a grey area this bumper painting , my car got keyed a few weeks back , and there are a few other small bits that need doing .

every body shop that ive taken the car to up to now will not guarantee the colour will be the same as the bodywork. and one said just live with it .

now me being a fussy bugger find it hard to understand why the colour might not match , and dont want to pay £700 and find it still the wrong colour , all they keep saying is its the plastic , but the front bumper is plastic and thats the same colour .

all a bit confusing

hi , seems to be a grey area this bumper painting , my car got keyed a few weeks back , and there are a few other small bits that need doing .

every body shop that ive taken the car to up to now will not guarantee the colour will be the same as the bodywork. and one said just live with it .

now me being a fussy bugger find it hard to understand why the colour might not match , and dont want to pay £700 and find it still the wrong colour , all they keep saying is its the plastic , but the front bumper is plastic and thats the same colour .

all a bit confusing

£700 i'l make it match:D

the scum that do shit like that to other peoples cars should be shot. iv got a car up for sale at the moment and a guy came to see it yesterday and said would i knock anything off for the scratch! i was like 'what scratch?' some little shite had keyed it the night before, the ba****s!!!:hunter:

all a bit confusing

Pete,

Even if parts are slightly different shade a good bodyshop will be able to blend it all in

what needs doing is the bumper painted, flicked into the rear quarters and the three panels laquering. losing the laquer up the rear quarter posts. then just hope it matches the boot lid;) if its front and rear bumpers then go down both sides of the car and lose in the same place. (body shop people will know what i mean):) thats the only way to get it all to match and thats why its dear. but they should be able to say it will match:rolleyes: doing it that way:Pling:

I had the same sort of problem with my bumper. Due to a bad previous spray job, half of the rear was the wrong colour. (I didn't notice before I bought it, but to be honest it wouldn't have made any difference if I had.)

So I've just had the entire rear bumper and rear halves of both wings resprayed, blended in at the rear arches. They blended the lacquer in right up to the top of the C pillar. :)

£300 & Vodka And Tonic. Mates rates, but not that much off the full price.

I had the same sort of problem with my bumper. Due to a bad previous spray job, half of the rear was the wrong colour. (I didn't notice before I bought it, but to be honest it wouldn't have made any difference if I had.)

So I've just had the entire rear bumper and rear halves of both wings resprayed, blended in at the rear arches. They blended the lacquer in right up to the top of the C pillar. :)

£300 & Vodka And Tonic. Mates rates, but not that much off the full price.

full price is a bit more than that..must have been lots of voddies and a GOOD m8:blink:

full price is a bit more than that..must have been lots of voddies and a GOOD m8:blink:

Nope, just a place we use all the time at work. They didn't know me from Adam. Our fleet manager introduced me so there really wasn't that much off their regular price.

Small place in Ferndown called Dawsons. Did a really excellent job too.