The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My cars is all fixed. How happy am I?

RedM

First the thank you bit:

Martin at mkivstore for the coil packs and for persevering with the Greddy Ti. Much appreciated and the prices were pretty good too. ;):D

Chris Wilson for the SMIC which had the mechanics making approving noises over it.

Peter and Dave at Sbits for putting it all together even though they had other work to do but it needed doing and they pulled out all the stops and did an, as ever, excellent job.

So, what did I have done (as if you can't work it out).

New coil packs and connectors (didn't use the new wiring, can I get a refund Martin? :innocent::eyebrows:). The car now runs really smooth. Very happy bunny.

The new CW SMIC. What a work of art. Looks really nice all snug in my bumper. Needed some draft excluder around the edges though but seems to have done the trick, more of which later.

The Greddy Ti. Only the lateness of the day prevents me from filming it for your delight and delectation. Sounds lovely even with both cats in. Going to drive through that tunnel north of Shoreham sometime this weekend. Love it.

I've lost some clearance :( and will have to actually navigate speed bumps now but I'm thinking that the stock clearance was maginal over these, admittedly, big bumps anyway. Nowhere even close to being as big a problem as a Nur-Spec. Have I mentioned how good it looks?

I can't get over how much the car has improved. Power seems to come on faster and seems more lively especially in this heat which was obvious with the old, knackered IC.

So, I'm chuffed to bits until I find something new to worry about. :rolleyes:

I can't tell you how happy I am. I've been driving like Miss Daisy for weeks now. Now I can plant it and wow, it is different. It's actually kind scary how much performance has increased.

...and the noise. I want to drive around in 1st and 2nd all the time. That noise when you lift off and the car winds down (over-run?) is fantastic.

I have a nice early AM drive on the M1 tomorrow. Can't wait....

UPDATE:

Drove 250 miles this morning. Car went like a dream. Back in love with the old girl. These Supra cars go like rockets when running properly, don't they? Really smooth, powerful delivery and I'm loving the exhaust.