The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Request

Underworld

Can any one in cambridge/waterbeach area that can take me out for a quick spin in their STOCK engine tt.

Test drove a stock tt yesterday and it didnt feel like crazy speed, the car that I drove before was nearly BPU and felt a load faster. Wasnt sure whether this car I was looking at was under powered.

If its the case that the power is right id be more inclined to buy it.

Cheers for any help!

Guest sunnyG83

sure BPU can add 1/4 extra power but would it not be wright to say that it depends on how well the car has been looked after as i have been out in my totally standard tt and only been beaten by a Bpu car by a car length and then been out with another and pulled away from it.

sure BPU can add 1/4 extra power but would it not be wright to say that it depends on how well the car has been looked after as i have been out in my totally standard tt and only been beaten by a Bpu car by a car length and then been out with another and pulled away from it.

BPU doesnt really take much setting up. There is no way in hell that a stock TT would come even close to my old BPU set up or any others that ive seen for that matter

Cool cheers for the confirmation guys. It was fast dont get me wrong, but it wasnt one of those fasts that really hits when the 2nd tubby comes online.

It felt more of a constant acceleration. To be honest getting a new exhaust, decats, fcd etc shouldnt be too much of a cost.

Ok say i do accept the power is as it should be,

The car didnt have much service history, I couldnt find the toyota stamp book like my old celica had (my car had awesome service history *sniff*) I assume this is due to it being a jap import. The history I found was a few receipts for filters etc.... What do you rekon? How much history should I expect from a JSpec?

Apart from that it was very nice. 18' wheel mania wheels in mint condition, new tryres all around. Turbo timer too lol.

Oh yea the cam belt hasnt been replaced, that would prolly need doing at some point.. How much is that.

The 2nd turbo coming online is much more subtle when the car is stock. If you were interested in buying it you could rig up a mechanical boost gauge in about 10 minutes to check what boost the car is running.

Has the car been in the counrty long ? whats the mileage etc.

My car had no history at all when it was imported 4 years ago, i bought from a well known company on here JIC.

Check the usual stuff quality of fluids, any grittiness ,burnt smells and the colours of said fluids etc.

If you do buy it a full service should be your first real expense.

The milage is 54k or 56k. No mention has been made regarding KM-> MPH conversion, so some might be km. Not sure how long its been in the country, I could run an HPI for peace of mind.

I checked the colour of exhaust, smelt a warm smell possibly of dust burning when we had finished our red line experience of the countryside. I should ask really before I constantly redline the car I guess lol.

How can I check the quality of fluids? I would have only thought of the dip stick. Whats the said fluid and how do i check that?

Cheers :)

Pull the dipstick run it across your fingers the oil shouldn't be black or smell burnt or feel gritty between your fingers.

Power steering fluid is normally a red colour, the same as coolant so if they are black or brown then they are probably due a change.

I think this is all covered in the buyers guide, check the FAQ section, CLICK ME