The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First time buyer

Guest Typer666

Guest Typer666

Hey guys new to the forum ...

looking to buy a supra... but there is soo much information to take in, i didnt know that because its TT you need to let the car run for a few mins before starting and a few mins after getting out, how do you use turbo's properly?

I want a 6 speed TT supra, preferably with b/kit etc on, i will probably import it to get it cheaper. i have had insurnce quotes they are rasonable..

what will my fuel economy be like, ive heard that the TT's are 18 mpg... i do about 135miles/week mostly motorway- how much would that roughly cost?

maintenance, servicing every 4k? what will it cost from garage? im not experienced enough to touch anything .. repairs... repacement clutch etc?

How do supras handle.. they look like the bees nees! andi know they are very fast in a straight line, could they take on an evo or subaru VIII series 8?

Hey guys new to the forum ...

looking to buy a supra... but there is soo much information to take in, i didnt know that because its TT you need to let the car run for a few mins before starting and a few mins after getting out, how do you use turbo's properly?

:D good idea to let them warm up so oil is at turbos; just dont hammer the car till its warm -minute or two. Always let her run on for a couple of minutes before ign off. turbo timer will do this for you if you wish:d

I want a 6 speed TT supra, preferably with b/kit etc on, i will probably import it to get it cheaper. i have had insurnce quotes they are rasonable..

what will my fuel economy be like, ive heard that the TT's are 18 mpg... i do about 135miles/week mostly motorway- how much would that roughly cost?

:D err 35-40 quid - who cares lol:d (scottish?:) )

maintenance, servicing every 4k? what will it cost from garage? im not experienced enough to touch anything .. repairs... repacement clutch etc?

:) oil change at friendly garage around 20 quid oil 35-40 quid' filter 20?:)

How do supras handle.. they look like the bees nees! andi know they are very fast in a straight line, could they take on an evo or subaru VIII series 8?

:) std pretty good modded with RLTC like shit on a stick lol:)

Rich