The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to do sell or mod!!

Supradan

Have had my na up for sale for 3 mths now and still not had 1 phone call its now up for 4500 which is the lowest i am going.I really want a tt but if i cant sell then i am thinking of spending the money i have saved up for a tt on modding my na(about 2k) am thinking that if i can make it look wicked maybe it will abate the need for power hehehe.Was thinking of sideskirts spats and 18" wheels.

Is anyone else in the same situation??What to do???:(

How reliable are na-t conversions as i use the car for work everyday??

Ive been running my conversion for some time now, ive done about 6000miles running 12 psi on stock gaskets and my baby is still going strong,

Please do not think this is safe though i think recomended on stock head gasket is around 6-7 psi we only run these boost levels due to the fact our actuator wont let us run any less and i have a spare engine wich is currently being built to a low comp spec.

Speak to turbo fit i believe they have succesfully run 5-6 of there na-t converted sups up to 473rwhp dont know what costs are involved in this though sorry.

one last thing if you do decide na-t keep some cash back, since completing my conversion ive had to shell out for new clutch, larger injectors, greddy e manage and a few other bits.

I've said it before, and at the risk of repeating myself, I'll say it again anyway :p

If you want to go faster, buy a faster car, ie a car that came from the factory faster

Modding cars is fun but if you've "only" got £2k, you're just asking for trouble IMHO

Get a TT, they'll run 300-350bhp out of the box all day with minimal reliability issues.

As for the all show and no go body kitted look, it's up to you, but I can assure you that you'll have a lot more fun in a "sleeper" than something that looks fast but really can't cut it :D

As for the all show and no go body kitted look, it's up to you, but I can assure you that you'll have a lot more fun in a "sleeper" than something that looks fast but really can't cut it :D

ive got the best of both worlds:D

Impervious, like Geoff i think you should keep looking for a TT. As far as i can see you've only looked at the one red one at a trader?

Try a few more and I would try and push for a good p/x on a £6-7K trader TT. You would be far better off cashflow wise in the long run finding a fair one of these and paying £3K + yours than going NA-T i'd think?

Impervious, like Geoff i think you should keep looking for a TT. As far as i can see you've only looked at the one red one at a trader?

Try a few more and I would try and push for a good p/x on a £6-7K trader TT. You would be far better off cashflow wise in the long run finding a fair one of these and paying £3K + yours than going NA-T i'd think?

Trouble is traders will only give 3-3.5k for mine in px and there is no way i am letting it go for that,if i cant sell and wont px for silly money then i really dont have much of a choice:(

I may put in the trader in a few weeks for 5995 as its poss that 4595 is putting people off as its cheap!!Cheapest private sale for 200 miles from me.

I think if your having trouble selling your NA now imagine how much harder it would be to sell with a NA-t conversion. I think it might be worth thinking do you really want that extra power and if so think about selling your NA for less money and getting a TT. If your not getting any calls the market most think its too expensive or your not advertising it enough.

I may put in the trader in a few weeks for 5995 as its poss that 4595 is putting people off as its cheap!!Cheapest private sale for 200 miles from me.

maybe its your location going against you. There are some that MAY think its too cheap to be a good one, but i very much doubt all the higher priced car owners are being inundated with calls.

If the dealers are offering you £3-3.5K in p/x then its market value to the public must be around your asking price, its just about getting someone to come and look, which unfortunately often means lowering the price to tempt someone......

....the NA will keep dropping in value, but so will the TT's so probably the best thing to do if you aren't willing to lose the extra cash for one right now is keep saving as the gap between your NA and a ok TT will stay the same.....

Thats just typical.....I am at my bros in bristol ready for martins openday tomorrow and what happens i get 2 bloody phone calls about the car..hehehe

None for 3mths and the weekend i go away .....One of them wants to come and have a look on monday so fingers crossed he is serious as if he is he will buy it.:)