The mkiv Supra Owners Club

security for the supe am i going to far

gaz1

had my supe about 18 months, i have always had nice powerfull cars, but for some reason the supe seems to get a little bad attention, my drive is on the side of my house, and i have had cigarette burns to the bodywork, and it has been keyed, as some of you know i am spending loads on her at the moment to get her just right, so i decided to put a new drive in the front of the house, a new alarm and immobilizer, and have just got cctv camera to a hard drive that will record for a month or so at a time, which emin is hopefully fitting soon, but my missus and some mates are saying i am going to far whats the opinon of you guys:)

grrr don't you hate w*nkers that do that - key your car etc.

I dread to think what would happen if i caught anyone doing that to mine and i definitely think your doing the right thing putting alarm immobilsor etc on the car. I dont think the camera will stop the idiots vandalsing your car though.

I would put up one of those security light things that lights up when anyone steps within range of it. I think it also can be setup to play a tone back in your house.

is the supe to long or to wide?

it just fits length wise but but will not go through the garage door. well actually im not 100% sure on that but ive got the overfenders too. im looking at taking it off the road for the worst winter months so may well try to squeeze it in when it comes back from the bodyshop, even if it means taking the door and frame out to get it in there:D Im positive that i will have to get out through the boot aswell

Thats not over the top IMO.

Get a security light too that will light up the area so your CCTV images arent too dark and useless @ night time.

High walls, railings and gates are also a good option, but it depends on how much it costs, and if it would make your house stick out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the houses.

Thats not over the top IMO.

Get a security light too that will light up the area so your CCTV images arent too dark and useless @ night time.

High walls, railings and gates are also a good option, but it depends on how much it costs, and if it would make your house stick out like a sore thumb compared to the rest of the houses.

camera does night and day, moaning neighbour is on about my drive already, pissed her of about building a conservatory too, jealousy i think

the cctv is more of a deterrent.

I have mine installed last year after my friends car got broken into at the end of my drive. I put it where everyone can see it and a sign outside my window in reflected yellow and white

CCTV in operation in this area.

China