The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Do you let you other half drive the Supra?

pistonbroke

My wife to be pesters me to let her drive the Supra, she wants me to put her on the insurance and let her go out in it. Thing is, she has virtually zero respect for her A class mercedes and regularly kerbs the wheels. When I say about her wheels, she replies, "its my car, i can do what I want with it". I'd be so worried she smash the car up or just not respect its power and end up in A+E.

What do you lot think?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, it's entirely up to you. You can counter her "It's my car..." with the same arguement if she asks why you won't let her. Sounds a little bit offhand to me, and if my missus behaved like that, I'd not let her drive my car either. However, my wifes pretty good (plus she knows how much trouble she'd be in if she damaged my car) so I let her go every now and then.

I was married for 1 week before my wife totalled my 1st car and P&J - I had saved up for years to buy it, modded it, OK it was a B*W but, still my P&J at age 18

Since that day - she has never been on my car insurance - and never will be on the soop!

AND THAT'S FINAL - OK!

it was 13 years ago now and I'm just over it

I have no problem with Keith driving mine, and likewise I'm on his insurance.

I would personally not let anyone drive it who drove their own car poorly/carelessly - christ knows what they'd do with a car they aren't familiar with!