The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Will the Supra beat it?

Scooby

Afternoon peps,

My friend picks his BMW Z3M coupe thinky up today and wants me to give him a race. I want to know if I have a chance or not, I know I have more power but the BMW is lighter!

BMW 320BHP toatly standard

Supra UK/6 both cats removed, FCD and HKS exhaust

i agree class one but these things remember are really quit fast, i got whipped by one when i was stock....but it certainly wouldnt now.

So they give up quick then?

I spanked a new Z4M the other day, so an older Z3M shouldn't be much trouble.

Guest markuso

If you'rer looking at figures, the Z3M is about equal to the Supra, but I imagine that with the Turbo's, the Supra should have the Real-world edge...

Yep - my mate has a Z3 M-Coupe here and we've gone up against eachother a few times now (I'm pretty much stock TT).

From a standing start, you'll have to get a damn good launch to keep up with him - the turbo lag really shows.

In the twisties, the difference actually isn't THAT bad - don't get me wrong, the M-Coupe definitely handles better and faster, but I didn't seem too far behind (may come more down to driving ability here). From a driver's perspective, the M-Coupe is superior I'm afraid - the seating position is so far back you really get great feedback on every move the car makes.

From a rolling start, we've been neck and neck all the way up to about 140 leps. Ran it several times, so I'm pretty sure that it's almost even.

Not sure about topping out - neither of us were that brave!!!!

(oh - of course his car cost over twice as much as mine and those BMW service bills make me laugh!)

(oh - and his car looks silly too, of course)

(oh - and it's a BMW!)

Ok, I have looked into it and the Z3M coupe is 320bhp, (20 bhp less them the M3 as the exhaust is shorter). Dont forgert mine is UK spec and was on the dyno at 321bhp in standards trim! and the engine is in an Aero body now which is lighter than the Iron Clad UK's!

Iw ill have a go and let you know the outcome, hopefuly in the spirtited driving cronicals!

:)