The mkiv Supra Owners Club

dammit, parking fine!

China Man

Hi,

I needed some cash while I was on the way to pick up a computer near clapham so I parked my car on the high street oppsite the cash machine.

I parked right at the end of a zig-zig zone away from the crossing for a few mins and ran accross to get some cash out.

that was on the 27/6/06 and today I recieved a letter from transport of london with 2 small picture on the back showing my car parked there...

I honestly didn't park on the zigzig line but I am not sure what line it is that I parked, could be yellow/red or double.... when I parked I only thinking don't park on the zigzags.

100 pounds, or 50 if pay quickly. gutted :(

Guest mk47

i had a parking fine once upon a time, at tesco car park for parking in a parent and child parking when i shouldnt have, anyway was a quick in and out job, but they left me a £60 ticket if paid within 7 days, otherwise it would go up to £90. so i paid it within 7 days £60 but get a call back from them saying the payment didnt go through so now its past 7 days i owe £90.

soo if you can, try and pay it cash at the payment office!

Guest Garfy
i had a parking fine once upon a time, at tesco car park for parking in a parent and child parking when i shouldnt have, anyway was a quick in and out job, but they left me a £60 ticket if paid within 7 days, otherwise it would go up to £90. so i paid it within 7 days £60 but get a call back from them saying the payment didnt go through so now its past 7 days i owe £90.

soo if you can, try and pay it cash at the payment office!

erm, you got a fine from Tesco? I would have told them to f*ck off, like they do when one of their trollies rams into your car.

Guest mk47
erm, you got a fine from Tesco? I would have told them to f*ck off, like they do when one of their trollies rams into your car.

not from tesco itself, in the tesco car park near my house its like a mini shopping centre, but just call it tesco car park as tescos the biggest place. anyway the car park is managed by 'enabled parking' so when i complained to tesco about my ticket they said its nothing to do with them.

Oh man... I know clapham well Ben, the inspectors have a hive around there somewhere and those 'security' cameras spend most of the time dealing out PCNs...

FYI, Parking on a zigzag is a driving offence, thus the three (or six?) pointer if you leave your vehicle unatended on it.

these parking tickets are a goldmine for this government of ours. innit jazz?

Not quite, parking enforcement is done under contract by local authorities these days. So the money goes to the coffers of the parking company and the local council. The Government gets nowt.

I will pay the fine and feeling better that I didn't earn any points, but honestly I did not park on the zigzag, even the photo can show that. I did park at the end of the zigzag and the photo was taken oppsite side of the roam 30m at an angle away from the car :(

If I knew they took a pic and send me the fine I would have taken time to have a McDonald meal then return, I was worried that a warden may come and give me a ticket so I sprint across to HSBC and sprint back to drive away tut tut..

fine.jpg

If I were you, I'd go back there and see what markings you did park on. If it was just a single yellow, you'd be okay (I think) as it was after 6pm.

It's clear from the photo you weren't parked on the zig-zag as you can see where it ends on the other side.

bearing in mind if you decide to argue it and they still decide on the fine then its more than likely going to be past the 'half price' fine stage. ive got to buy an annual permit to park outside my own house and the one day i forgot to display it the b*****s pounced and gave me a ticket. wasnt happy one bit so decided to argue against it and sent all my documents to them to show that i possess a valid permit and that it must have fallen off, well they accepted my excuse and the fine was cancelled. my point is if you have a decent arguement then by all means argue but if you havnt then its best just to pay up :(