The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I respect the law now!!

B11GYS

I just picked up my mate and it was like 23.30 ish - I got to a nice straight and clear so i booted it to about 70(in a 30mph zone). Next thing i know there are flashing lights in a Zafira (Undercover). Thought twice about stopping but glad i did! They gave me the usual warnings and checked insurance and owner. Next thing he goes he will let me off with a warning. Then he reccomended if i wanted to boot it, take it to the A1 or M1 lol. Oh well glad i didn't get any points!:D

Next time I know to make sure I am keeping my eyes peeled at all times :search:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gzaerojon

70 in a 30:thumbdown: you must be a bloody idiot!

got no time for people who do this, my girls bro was knocked down in a 30 and almost died, luckily he didn't and the car was sticking to the limit

but it only takes someone else like you and its game over

70 in a 30:thumbdown: you must be a bloody idiot!

:wtf:No excuse for that speed, I agree with Gzareojon, just an accident waiting to happen. You are incredibly lucky, round here that would be a ban.

Mods before this gets bigger please move to members only.

It's interesting how driving at stupid speeds and getting caught out results in generally different reactions from members if you actually crash your Supra.

Here it's "how dumb", that thread it's "give the guy a break".

Fair point, but what really pi$$es me off is the fact that it doesnt seem to bother him that 30 zones are for a good reason, yes we all choose to push the loud pedal but I am sure not many would in built up areas

Not condoning anything but like the majority, I stick to the 30 whatever the time of day or night. However on those early summer mornings on the dual or motorway, that's different but it depends on road conditions, number of other vehicles etc

Why are the police so inconsistent?

If they weren't, they'd be like speed cameras with absolutely no discretion - and that's what alot of people bitch about! (Bloody cameras, 50mph on road 'X' at 3 in the afternoon is daft but at 2am it's perfectly safe but a camera won't take that into consideration etc. etc.)

The greatest power the Police have is their discretion.

On the face of it I agree completely with the reactions to this thread. However we weren't there and the Police officer may have decided that (having taken into consideration all the other factors) a warning was sufficient in this case. May have been right at the end of a 30 limit heading into a national limit, may have been a temp 30 etc.

I myself still believe that 30's are there for a reason and to risk doing 70 when there is other traffic about (the Zafira was there at the very least) is stupid.

23.30 is also pub chucking out time so I'd be careful about trusting anyone else on the road at that time of night - especially pedestrians!

I know they're human, it just makes me wonder that with all this campagining about reducing speeds in built up areas.. sounds like you have more chance getting done on a motorway doing 80!

Yep! By an unblinking all seeing eye. There for the purpose of collecting revenue.

I just picked up my mate and it was like 23.30 ish - I got to a nice straight and clear so i booted it to about 70(in a 30mph zone). Next thing i know there are flashing lights in a Zafira (Undercover). Thought twice about stopping but glad i did! They gave me the usual warnings and checked insurance and owner. Next thing he goes he will let me off with a warning. Then he reccomended if i wanted to boot it, take it to the A1 or M1 lol. Oh well glad i didn't get any points!:D

Next time I know to make sure I am keeping my eyes peeled at all times :search:

How luck are you! I got pulled last nigh for my number plate being half an inch too small! They made me get it changed and then faff with getting a slip signed by an MOT station.

I only picked the car up on saturday!

Wankers.