The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na-t power

Marty

FWHP is bullshit anyway unless you take the engine out and measure it properly. RWHP is all that matters. What does he reckon his rwhp will be?

I'd imagine 400rwhp would be quite achievable with the right setup.

The basic kit will get you 300 rwhp thats with a T61 Turbo running at 7psi with stock injectors and hg. With uprated hg and injectors your looking at 450 - 550rwhp as the engine will be able to stand far more boost and also with the injectors will need to be mapped.

Does anybody know what 550 HP is actually like ? F1 cars are 800! So, only a 250 HP difference between a racing car & a road car.

I'd interested to hear - how usable that power is going to be on the road. With regard to my car - was talking to a few guys and perhaps 440 at the rear wheels on WOT .. was a figure to base on.

And I know for fact that on WOT - you just get there alot faster. Gear changes don't last long. For me personally as the driver - my car is just about streetable.

I think people should take more demo's in some single Supras. The 500hp number seems to be the number of the year.

I will tell you my experience with my ultra reliable na-t, car was first fitted with the base boostlogic T61 kit, no head gasket but larger injectors (525cc) walbro pump and a safc2 to trim the injectors back... this gave a rwhp figure of 283 at 0.35 bar which I believe is slightly better than a stock tt, next up to be fitted was a 2.5mm head gasket, evc5, aeromotive fpr and e-manage using the 3 bar map sensor and mapped by IanC off the board, we were able to take the boost up to 0.8bar without being silly with the static pressure on the fpr (38psi) and the duty cycles were coming in at under 90%.... not sure what the power is now because the clutch now slips in 4th and 5th but it pulls hard, next up for me is a rps 6 puck and 780cc injectors.... that is a real world experience I was not promised any power figures like are being bounded about for this type of conversion which I for one think are bullshit all I know is my car is now probably in the 400 range but not even had one problem with reliability

• 2 years later...

Hi mate, glad to know your conversion was succesful.

I have picked up a single turbo kit gor my na and need it to be installed, if you dont mind me asking how much did the labour cost on the fitting and mapping?

also i am still not sure on what ecu to use, i was gana go for the greddy emanage blue but i have heard it isnt reliable???

If you could give me any advice on getting this conversion done it would be much appreciated, ive now had the kit for three weeks and im getting frustrated.

cheers

Ray

It has been said before Ray the kit you have is not ideal, the T04R is too big to run low boost, I would as I suggested before get the car to Whifbitz who removed this kit and talk to them, it will work ok with an emanage but needs other things as well including the manifold fixing

You could always sell it on and get a TT engine :innocent: