The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brake Pads

DrivingTheDream

I guess this could maybe be in Wanted but I dunno...

Where have you guys bought your pads from and what prices? I'm after front and rears for a J-Spec. Can Toyota supply them? I think I fancy upgrading them to something else maybe green/red stuff?

Cheers :)

Oh and I done a search and nothing really decent came up!

Theres no difference between NA and TT Toyota pads. The only difference is whether you have the opposed pot (4 fronts, 2 rears) "UK spec" with 17" or bigger wheels or the sliding caliper "J-spec" brakes. What are generally called "UK spec" brakes were actually also an option on J-spec cars.

Anyway, Toyota can supply either sort, but as mentioned above there are lots of other options.

EBC pads are generally a no no!

^ Yeah that ^

Had green stuffs on mine, absolutely horrific, binned them after 1k miles. I've been using Chris wilson fast road pads since (20k miles on current set) and have been very impressed with them.

Theres no difference between NA and TT Toyota pads. The only difference is whether you have the opposed pot (4 fronts, 2 rears) "UK spec" with 17" or bigger wheels or the sliding caliper "J-spec" brakes. What are generally called "UK spec" brakes were actually also an option on J-spec cars.

Anyway, Toyota can supply either sort, but as mentioned above there are lots of other options.

Sorry, I mentioned if his car is a TT or NA as if it's a TT he may want to look at UK spec brakes as it will be more worthwile on a TT.

J spec brakes work well with stock discs, good fast road pads, braided hoses and good fluid