The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Kind Of Power

Tattooman

What kind of power BHP can you produce from a J spec Twin Turbo with a HKS Super Drager Exhaust, 2x De-cat pipes, Induction Kit, Hybrid Turbos, Blitz Boost Controller, Uprated Fuel Pump. This spec is on a Supra that I'm thinking of buying and any rough estimates at what 1/4 mile time I could expect. Also what 1/4 mile time would a totally stock TT run and what is the Standard BHP ??? Is it around 325BHP ???

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stock TT Jap spec = 300 (ish) bhp at the flywheel

Stock TT UK spec = 326 bhp at the flywheel

BHP isn't everything though, torque and lag are as important.

BPU with Hybrids (spec you mention) should be around 400bhp at the flywheel dependant on boost. Possibly more.

1/4 mile varies a great deal, what transmission - 6spd or auto?

Hey guys hope you are all good ?? Thanx for all of your prompt replys... It's a 6 speed manual and the tubbies were built by Turbo Technics as far as I know. Any idea what kinda boost you can run these tubbies at ??? So a UK spaec will run higher BHP then, I'll have to definately find out if it's a J spec or UK ???

Off topic but Tattooman... you didn't happen to own a Calibra did you?

No fella not me dude, However I do like the shape of the rear end of the Calibra...But never owned one.:) At present I own a 550BHP R33 GTR SKYLINE.... That is for sale and I wanna get a TT Supra

1.4bar boost, and 450bhp+ (to around 500 at the most) possible. The difference in power between Jap and UK is negligibe. UK slightly higher but slower spool, Jap specs quicker spool and feel more torquey low down. But that's the stock ceramic j-spec turbo's, so not an issue here. There's really no difference in performance.

Stock 1/4 times are high 13's.

BPU low 13's/high 12's are the norm.

Hybrid's you may get down to mid 12's, get some drag radials and you may hit 11's ;)

So a UK spaec will run higher BHP then, I'll have to definately find out if it's a J spec or UK ???

In stock form yes, but as mentioned before BHP isn't everything. For daily driving I personally find the stock UK cars slower than stock Jspec, mainly due to the extra lag and lower mid range torque

Once you start modding modified there's little difference until you reach the upper limits of the sequential system.

If the car you mention has hybrids it will have a better potential BHP if UK spec due to the larger injectors and higher lift intake (i think) cam.

Please take a look in the FAQ section where you will find answers to pretty much any questions you could ask ;)

Hybrid's you may get down to mid 12's, get some drag radials and you may hit 11's ;)

Just look at Justin's time at Jap Show, got 1st in class with a 12.08 @ only 112mph on hybrids. Monkeymark got an 11.9 last year I think, and that was on real stockers.

Just look at Justin's time at Jap Show, got 1st in class with a 12.08 @ only 112mph on hybrids. Monkeymark got an 11.9 last year I think, and that was on real stockers.

Yeah I know, I was going by typical times though, which mid 12's seems more common... and Mark's was with drag radials and high stall ;)

But note that both cars are autos running a hi-stall TC. That's what makes the biggest difference to drag times.

True Jake, dont forget Simon P who has run an 11 with his JDM manual... still not a patch on the yanks tho who run low 11s and high 10s on their stock turbos.

I still say they have a different concept of seconds over there, just like they have different sized horses :innocent: ;)

Hey guys, that sure is some awesome info and you are all so quick to respond too. I hope that all of your reaction times are as good at the Pod too ??? ha ha ha ha I will not be going for big power with a Supra (Famous last words ha ha ) my reasons are after owning a 500BHP 300zx and numerous Skylines (550BHP) at present. I am skint and stil wanna drive around a car that has less £££££ tied up in it than my GTR. So a Supra with moderate mods is ideal for me at the moment. Thanx again guys...

Hey guys, that sure is some awesome info and you are all so quick to respond too. I hope that all of your reaction times are as good at the Pod too ??? ha ha ha ha I will not be going for big power with a Supra (Famous last words ha ha ) my reasons are after owning a 500BHP 300zx and numerous Skylines (550BHP) at present. I am skint and stil wanna drive around a car that has less £££££ tied up in it than my GTR. So a Supra with moderate mods is ideal for me at the moment. Thanx again guys...

Well unlike a 500BHP 300ZX, the supra won't break down and destroy gearboxes every other day. And unlike 550BHP Skyline's it won't cost you the GDP of a small african country.

:D

Well unlike a 500BHP 300ZX, the supra won't break down and destroy gearboxes every other day. And unlike 550BHP Skyline's it won't cost you the GDP of a small african country.

:D

In both cases I totally agree, I can't wait to get my grubby little hands on a Supra TT Manual :) :p :D