The mkiv Supra Owners Club

coolant temps at weekend

baldy

hi chaps

did any one else suffer with their car getting hot at the weekend?

im bpu,hks r type fmic,fluidine rad

but the temps still climbed when in boost,i was startin to think head gasket again(nnoooo)

but just been out for a blast and it seems fine now

i thought the fluidine rad would have coped ok

anyone else suffer atall

cheers baldy

I didn`t have any problems at the weekend, but have always experienced temp gauge climbing to mid way round very quickly (five minutes from cold) and cooling down time really long. Checked coolant level several times and all is well. Is this normal or do we have a problem Houston??

Guest mk47
I didn`t have any problems at the weekend, but have always experienced temp gauge climbing to mid way round very quickly (five minutes from cold) and cooling down time really long. Checked coolant level several times and all is well. Is this normal or do we have a problem Houston??

i had the problem over the weekend too, but its fine i think its just because of the hot weather.

Hi Si

Do you mean the stock water temp gauge was higher than normal? That's unusual, mine never goes above normal unless the rad is about to boil over.

I have an oil temp gauge with the sender in the sump, and I've noticed it getting a little hotter than usual during the recent heatwave but nothing to be concerned about. I do have an external oil cooler though.

hi jake

Hi Si

Do you mean the stock water temp gauge was higher than normal? That's unusual, mine never goes above normal unless the rad is about to boil over.

yes jake thats what i mean and why i was worried,only while in boost tho

but it was fine last night,i think maybe im being a bit paranoid about things