The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Expensive Mr T

Guest davet

Guest davet

Right I think I've just about had it with Mr T (Thats Toyota for you newbies ;-) )

I took my UK Spec Sup in for an oil change today at my local dealership. I supplied the oil. The cost was a grand total of £103.54 to change the oil + put in an oil filter. :blink:

Now I suspect this took them the grand total of 20 minutes to do. I think I've been had :(

Granted they did give me biscuits though so perhaps it cost them an extra 50p.....

My starter motor is on the blink a bit too. Sometimes it starts straight away other times it can take up to a dozen attempts to get it going.

From what I've heard in the past this is a common problem and the starter motor just needs cleaning?

Mr T I believe has just gone to his parts book and said £380 + VAT for non official parts or £493.72 + VAT for genuine toyota parts. :blink:

Has anybody else had this problem fixed before? If so how much did you pay? Did you have to get new parts also???

Every time I go to Mr T I come back disappointed :(

Dave

Where are you located, if we know this someone could recommend a trustworthy garage that is local to you. but £103 for an oil and filter change is a piss take !

Toyota aren't renowned for being particularly good with Supras.

If you want to source Toyota parts have a search for a toyota parts guy called "Steve Manley" or if you aren't in a hurry "Nic".

Guest davet

Ello.

I'm located in Bradford. Don't know of any local Supra places unfortunately. The nearest I can think of is Envy in Newcastle?

Dave

Thats a rip off mate :(

with regards to your starter, it'll be the insides of the solenoid that is worn, the kit from mr t is about £14, it takes about an hour or so to get your starter off, an hour to put the bits in, and then an hour to wack it back on :)

mine went about a year ago and i did it myself, be warned tho, one of the 14mm bolts in the starter is a fooker to get to, hope you have a high patience level :)

• 3 years later...

This thread was in 2006 :D

Just a bit of advice, get a price on any job you want doing before anyone does it, then you wont get upset ;)

All dealerships are the same and charge huge labour rates mainly because they have massive overheads.

I guess in this OP's case, 4 years ago it was more they charged him £50 for the job & £50 for the Toyota stamp! That is really what you are paying for! Doesn't mean it is going to be done any better but least your wallets lighter! :)

I don't think that price is too much for an oil change to be honest. Oil would be £50-£60 for you to get it yourself, filter £10, new compression washer £2. so say £72 + labour, works out about what you paid.

I took my UK Spec Sup in for an oil change today at my local dealership. I supplied the oil.

He supplied his own oil though.

Audi charge £160 an hour.

A bit steep!

BRIGHTON AUDI £80/hr + VAT

EAST KENT AUDI £105/hr + VAT

POOLE AUDI £115/hr + VAT

HATFIELD AUDI £115/hr + VAT

GLASGOW AUDI £100/hr + VAT

STOKE AUDI £55/hr + VAT

ABERDEEN AUDI £88/hr + VAT