The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Insurance with adrain flux

celica500plus

Hi,

After a bit of help to find a good insurance company. I am sick to the teath of Adrian Flux ripping me off, I went from a declared 500hp plus car to my current standard supra and my premium has been upped to £1750 a year.

Okay £1750 is way off what I should be paying so I want to move somewhere else, I've heard of people younger, with points and less no claims getting quotes of £800. So why oh why is Adrian Flux ripping me off.

I am 25, 5years no claims, no points.

If anyone has a name of a company or a phone number or a website I can get a good deal could they please post I'd greatly appreciate it.

Hi,

After a bit of help to find a good insurance company. I am sick to the teath of Adrian Flux ripping me off, I went from a declared 500hp plus car to my current standard supra and my premium has been upped to £1750 a year.

Okay £1750 is way off what I should be paying so I want to move somewhere else, I've heard of people younger, with points and less no claims getting quotes of £800. So why oh why is Adrian Flux ripping me off.

I am 25, 5years no claims, no points.

If anyone has a name of a company or a phone number or a website I can get a good deal could they please post I'd greatly appreciate it.

elephant onlline are worth a look

Thanks guys just awaiting a call back from sky insurance hopefully its bellow £1000 as I know it should be! Adrian Flux are ripping people off, I have a friend who had less no claims, 6 points and is 2 years younger than me and when we both had standard gt4's at that time and I had 4years no claims no points I was paying £400 more than him. They seem to pick a number off the top of their heads and thats what you pay, there is no logic behind it. Also where I stay is a low crime zone!

Strange.

Adrian flux have been great with me.

Bought the car when 20 and the premium was around £1100, with 1 years no claims bonus and 9 points.

Since 21 and some points being removed with 2 years no claims bonus it was around £900 and now with the NA/T conversion its back to around £1100 again.

Been with them since I started insurance and never had a problem.

Insurance companies can be strange... :)

Same with me adrian flux seem to rip you off, they kinda built there name around modified cars and now they are taking the piss with the quotes as people generally go to them thinking they should get a decent quote which is often not the case!

Okay first quote from SKY is £1251 still seems a bit high, all mods declared

Second quote by admiral got declined aparantly they dont like air filters :rolleyes: instead they tried to pass me onto countless other companies one being Adrain Flux so I hung up!!

Elephant minus my filters/dumpvalves comes to £850 which is starting to sound more like it, go to try again but put in the extras and see if it gets declined

Okay Elephant quoted £877 with everything declared come on Adrian Flux what the feck are you playing at!!! These companies need named and shamed

Take that quote back to the club insurer. see if they will match or beat it.

It seems to be a lottery on prices depending on who you get on the phone when you ring up.

Lancaster just quoted me £736.23 through a company called Jubilee this is the same company that used to cover my 500hp celica, and when I changed my policy to the supra through adrian flux they put it through a different company:rolleyes: and said the best they could do was £1750. So if Jubilee can do it through lancaster for £736.23 why was Adrian Flux so kind as to change my insurer to a company wanting more than double what Jubilee would charge:rolleyes: What the Fuck

I'm sure Adrian Flux just make numbers up I've just renewed mine with them, 23 with 6 NCB and 0 points for renewal they quoted me £1400 but I shopped around and got them down to £800 which is more reasonable but I still feel I could have got it for less. Adrian Flux will beat any quote you take to them so they are good in that respect but they will always try and charge you as much as possible so you do have to shop around first. I got my best quote from admiral on the website they quoted me £900 then they rang me up and said they would do it for £810 so I rang Adrain Flux back up and they said they would do it for £800

Right returned the previous quotes to Sky and they couldnt budge on their first quote. So I phoned Adrian Flux and explained why I was disgusted with their policy premium, and quoted what other insurance companies are willing to do. They said they would call back after some searching about, well why wasn't this done in the first place!! I'll wait to see what they come back with and it better be good because if it isnt better than those mentioned i'll be changing promptly and wont return to them ever.

i have just got mine insured, was £411 with asda, now £831 with sky, tried lots, elephant will not insure if you have more than 6 mods, asda no more than 3 mods, lancaster told me there,s no such thing as a gz tt unless its an areo top, and adrian flux said will be at least £1200, so decided sky, would only agree to agreed valuation of £15000 without a tracker, so any one know how much a fitted tracker costs and yearly costs:)

Adrian Flux decided not to return my call so a phone call to them to cancel my policy was made. I was told on the phone that to cancel my policy would cost me an extra "shortfall" of £230, but they got a quote of £1100 to insure through them and my "shortfall" if I change would only be £73. When asked why this so called "shortfall" is much less if I stick by them they said its a good will thing for sticking with them. Needless to say I told them just to stick it where the sun don't shine. This so called insurance (make me broker) is a complete joke!!!

ADRIAN FLUX named and shamed!!!!!

Having to eat humble pie isn't so good. Just off the phone to elephant and they wanted £1375 to pay in installments the quote of £877 is web based and only accessable to a one off payment. I have to assume Sky will be similar. Its going to work out cheaper to swallow my pride this year and stick with Adrian Flux, and pay the £73 to change my policy to the cheaper one through them.

Thanks again for the help guys, i'll go through Sky next year.

My first insurer with the Supra was Adrain b@stard Flux. It started off being 2£2K! As I did BPU mods they bumped it to the equivalent of £2700 for the year!

On my Renewal Sky quoted £1600 and I got it down to £1100 with Lancaster with agreed value of 13K. I'm just putting a claim through as some fecker smacked into me (small dent and scuffing). So far they've been good at handling the claim

Adrian Flux are a complete joke.

I am 23, and bought a 1998 vvti tt about a month ago.

I have 0 ncb.

A.FLUX quoted £6k!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Admiral got it sorted for just over £1000, so went with that.

My brother has also had problems with Adrian Flux....THEY ARE A WASTE OF TIME!