The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice Please

jazz1

Ok guys iv finally convinced my dad to let me go single after he saw his mates 600bhp skyline lol, anyway but for now i just want to get my car on the road and the kit put on but it would look stupid if i didnt have an back box or a FMIC so any suggestions for now which back box i should put on and what FMIC i should go for as i will change these after once i go single?:search:

Jazz, without wishing to sound disrespectful, have you ever owned (and clocked 10k+ miles) on a 400hp RWD car before? You're a young chap so can't imagine you've been through too many winters with high powered cars.

If you're new to very high power RWD cars then I really don't think it's wise to think about fitting a single turbo.

Regarding the exhaust, if you're going for a single later on in your driving career (hopefuly!), you should look for large size straight pipes. The HKS and Greddy Ti are superb quality and light, also the Tannabe but this is heavier. Not sure about the NUR, its 3inch so may be a little small for the bigger power singles, it is SS (a good thing) but ground clearance is poor.

RSR's, Superdraggers and the rest of the mild steel pipes should be avoided.

For me there's no contest - the boostlogic 4in is (IMO) superb. The best exhaust note, very straight (can be mated to boostlogic mid & down pipe) and is lightweight

For the IC, i'd go with Greddy or HKS, 2 or 3 row. They are all excellent quality design and will come with the correct hardpipes. The XS power and other cheap 'Chinese' makes I've seen have been poor quality with tiny end tanks, can't be good for flow. Best avoided if you are serious about going for real power.

when i go single im going to take them off and i will go for the hks ti but for now i just want the back box and FMIC but thanks guys for the advice i know what intercooler to go for now and il have to choose between the exhausts

Jazz, one of the local guys here (board name Scooby) has a HKS Ti. It sounds feckin awesome on a stock turbo'd car with a decat. Though quieter the overall sound is nicer than my RSR - more 'rorty' than just extremely loud burble if you know what i mean?

As mentioned before, on a single nothing beats the BL for sound :D

i wonder if i had a chat with your dad he would get me one too;)

me:d the only thing he bought me was the supe im paying for all the mods lol, thanks guys but for now i think i might go for the hks ti :D cheers homer

so jazz, ure going to be 22 with a single turbo supra,lol.

jazz, get your car on the road and drive it, dont care what other people think, just care what you think!

sounds good were gonna end up with another karl thread going for jazz:rolleyes: